Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Alright Balen, I'm finished."

The little boy finally opened his eyes and looked at Quinn, furrowing his brow and bowing up a bit in his bed as he examined the stitches in his arm.

"That was nothing," he said strongly, pretending to brush his shoulders off as he flexed, "I didn't even feel it."

"Uh huh, whatever you say," Quinn grinned, cleaning off the small table and moving it across the room, "Is that why you closed your eyes?"

"Miss Quinn, please," the little boy said as he waved his hand, "I was just making sure you weren't distracted by my beautiful baby blues." Quinn laughed as she sat back down beside him, patting his knee and sighing.

"You're such a charmer Bale, really."

"What can I say, ladies love me," he shrugged, pulling her hand and winking, "but you know you're the only woman for me."

"How old are you again?" she asked while shaking her head, "Seven?"

"And a half, but baby age is just a number." Quinn rolled as he continued to drop lines on her, laughing hysterically at his failed advances.

"Balen, buddy take it easy there," Jacob smiled as he entered the room, "Seriously, save some charm for the check out nurses, they love you."

"There's plenty of Balen to go around!" the little boy exclaimed as he threw his hands up, squirming around in his bed as Jacob prepped him to leave.

"So I've heard," Jacob murmured, helping the little boy down from his bed and into his sneakers.

"Seriously Miss Quinn, when you gonna realize I'm the only man for you and marry me?"

"Well let's see," Quinn sighed as she leaned against the bed, "You're seven now?"

"And a half," he said while pointing to her.

"Seven and a half, hm, how about you call me in ten and a half years and I'll let you know."

"Aight, I mean Im'ma have to find some love on the side," he said while wiggling his eyebrow, "but they'll never compare to you."

"Alright stud, let's get you checked out and on your way to your next hoochie mama," Jacob chuckled while walking him out, Jacob pointing to the watch on his little arm and grinning.

"I'll be waiting." Quinn waved and watched as he strutted down the hall, her heart breaking as he walked back into the arms of his foster mom. She wondered how soon he'd be back next time, the little boy her most frequent patient.

"I swear to God the next time he comes in I'm drop kicking that woman," Jacob growled as he stood by Quinn, watching the little boy smile at the nurses as he left.

"We can't prove anything," Quinn moaned sadly, time and time again trying to coax the little boy into confessing about the bumps and bruises that covered his little body.

"You know I've always thought about it," Jacob murmured while avoiding Quinn's eyes.

"Thought about what?" she asked curiously.

"You know...maybe...maybe adopting him?" Quinn lit up as she squealed, throwing her hands around his neck and kissing his cheeks.

"Jacob yes! That would be perfect, why haven't you?"

"Well I was waiting for them to finally give me a set schedule and get my life in order. Somewhere in between moving places and meeting Kurt I just lost track," he smiled bashfully, "Do you think-I mean how do you think Kurt would feel? I mean everything's still new and I don't wanna scare him away-"