Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Mama do I have to go in?"

Quinn looked in her rearview mirror as her daughter fidgeted in her seat, her head slumped to the side as she whined to her mother.

"Yes baby, you have to go," Quinn answered as she turned into the parking lot, "We're here to support your daddy ok?"

"But I don't wanna support his arrangement party," the little girl pouted, crossing her arms over her chest and furrowing her brow in a way that reminded Quinn of Puck.

"Its an engagement party, and yes you're going in." Quinn checked her reflection before getting out, opening Beth's door to find the little girl kicking her shoes off.

"Beth!" Quinn exclaimed as she watched the girl wiggle around, shaking her head as she refused to be unbuckled.

"I don't wanna go in! I don't wanna see Robyn!" she shouted, Quinn quickly shutting her door so no one could hear her shouts. She made her way around the car and climbed in on the other side, sitting next to Beth while unbuckling her.

"Sweetie listen to me for a sec," Quinn said softly as she slid on her daughters shoes, "We have to go inside ok? Daddy will be really sad if we don't."

"I don't care!" Beth snapped angrily, turning away from her mother as she looked out her window, "Daddy doesn't care if I'm sad."

"Bethany Leigh, yes your daddy does care! But why are you sad sweetheart?" Quinn asked in shock, never having seen her child act as she was now.

"Because daddy is gonna make Robyn my new mommy, and I don't want a new mommy because I already have one thank you very much." Quinn was torn between wanting to laugh at her child's attitude and wanting to hug her for being protective, ruffling the little girl's loose curls as she finally spoke up.

"Baby, daddy isn't trying to make Robyn your new mama ok? He loves you and he loves her, and he wants you two to be friends, that's all."

"But he isn't supposed to love her!" Beth said as she finally looked to her mother, "He's supposed to love you!" Her heart broke as a small tear rolled down Beth's cheek, Quinn fighting back her own as she struggled to explain.

"Your daddy does love me Beth, but its in a different way. Can you understand that?" Beth nodded as she played with the ribbon on her dress, finally scooting out of her seat as she held Quinn's hand.

"I just don't want daddy to love Robyn more than you. You're the princess mama, you're supposed to marry daddy." Quinn pulled her daughter in and hugged her, amazed that even her six year old could see what was there.

"I know this is hard to understand honey, but everything is gonna be alright ok? I promise, Robyn won't replace me and nothing will change between me and your daddy." Beth followed Quinn as they exited the car, sudden shouting from behind them quickly changing their mood.

"Is that my rug rat?" Finn called as he hunched down, clapping his hands together as Beth ran into them. Quinn smiled as the little girl lit up, Finn tickling and kissing her as she squealed.

"I told you Uncle Finn, I'm not a rug rat!" Finn continued to play with Beth as Quinn looked to see Rachel walking behind him.

"Hey mama," Quinn smiled as she pulled her in, "How ya been?"

"Exhausted," Rachel sighed, "Finn and I have been up all night with Emory." Quinn cooed at the mention of their one month old baby boy, Rachel and Finn finally having the baby they had wanted for so long.

"It gets easier I promise," Quinn said as she wrapped her arm around her, Rachel resting on her should as the four walked towards the restaurant.

"Well how about you, how have you been?" Rachel asked while flashing her a sad face.