Questions | 03

"I've been meaning to ask you this for quite some time now." He questioned while holding his cards up.

"What is it? And its your turn." I replied while laying down a card.

"No one has tried to attack us, yet you called for a bodyguard," his concentration still in his hand of cards "why's that?"

I blankly look up to him and respond with a non-descriptive "Mhmm." It was dead silent before Zagan broke the ice and blasting my ears yelling "UNO!!"

My eyes widen at the sudden realization that I lost to a demon, not even a human, that's never played or heard if Uno before. "HUH?? That's no fair, you distracted me!"

"It's not my fault. Humans are always passing the blame to others. I was just asking a simple question." He sighed taking a sip of tea. (Which I made to drink while we play our game of Uno.)

"Back to the question at hand, where are the threats that you needed protecting from?" He placed down his cup surprisingly elegant.

"Well... I kinda did this and that so they did those things." I mumbled. I received a blank face with confusion written all over it.

"Damn woman, just tell me what happened already!" He let out a frustrated sigh then leaned back to the foot of the couch. "It couldn't be that bad...right?" He added on because I was still not answering him.

"Ok, ok," I began. "I kinda did something that set off a signal to every non-human out there. It basically told them that I was about to receive a guardian."

[Zagan froze]

I waved my hand in front of his face...nothing. I snapped and snapped, still without a response.
Was he in this much shock, geez it was just a little mess up. I lightly tapped his cheek. Wow it's so soft! I ran my fingers through his hair. As I suspected, it was silky smooth. I didn't know demons had such a fair body.

"What are you doing?" Zagan suddenly grabbed my arm and looked up at me.

"I-I, you suddenly zoned out and I was trying to w-wake you up." I tried to speak but my mind was all scrambled in embarrassment.

"Humans have a unique way of doing things." He let go of my arm. "So why is no one attacking us? I get that every non-human got the message that I was going to show up, but why isn't anybody doing anything?"

"They decided to hold a Yokai meeting to discuss how they will handle this." I explained.

"And how did you find this out?"

"That's my little secret~." I winked while holding my index finger to my lips.

•~•~•~•

A/N: I hope you like the series, cuz it's going to be a long one.~

《Please follow and vote~☆》

Also look out for my twin's book. She's uploading the first chapter tonight!