Thoughts of a Vampire

His prayer was perfectly fine; it just... sounded so lonely.

I wondered what he meant by all the things he said about being given a new life. What hunger is burning within him?

It was really sweet of him to mention me in his prayer. I giggled. He's such a nice man. I wonder why he stays cooped up in this large gloomy castle. Why isn't he married? What happened to his parents?

He's so pale. So cold...maybe because he never goes outside and this castle is pretty cold. His ears are pretty pointy, and his nose. I think his eyes are just the most beautiful. Purple gleam with just slight red specks and gold lining. Oh my gosh, do I check him out too much? He's like ten-years-older than me! He is pretty cute. Maybe that's why I wonder why he's single and alone.

Huh, he's kind of like a vampire now that I think about it.

—Pale skinned, cold, gorgeous eyes, pointy eared, hates the sun, sharp nails ... he also dresses unusually old style, he lives in a deserted castle in the mountains, he drives an incredibly old automobile, and there is not one mirror in this castle except the ballroom ... and all those pictures ... the same name and time period, the portrait that didn't look like the others ... The black coffin in the deserted wing. "I'm a certified doctor" "I was an investigator" "his father was an investigator" "his grandfather was a doctor" "I am willing to drive a stake through my heart for you"
Oh my gosh, he's a fricken vampire.

I open my eyes, afraid to sleep. People say they're afraid of their demons, the monsters under their bed and in their closet. Not me, I was afraid of the thing that's living with me—I was living with.

How did none of his actions spring up to me? How did I miss the message he so clearly sent me! I have to get out of here!

I jump out of my bed and panic. I pace the room and think of a way to get out of here.

I walk over to the window and stare out to the beautiful night. I watched as a flock of birds--no, bats--flew in a swarm. They circled round the moon and flew through clouds. They were so in sync. Then, suddenly, they came close to a spike on the castle and magically formed a man. I almost threw myself back at the magic trick done before my eyes.

I knew it was Alexandru. The way he stood with his legs together and his hands behind his back. He was balancing on just a small spike in the pointy shoes he wore.

I almost jumped out of my skin when he looked my way, his yellow glowing eyes piercing the night.

I ducked immediately in fear of him seeing me. He just might be allowing me to stay so he can fatten me up with juicy human blood then suck me dry!

I peeked above the window seal and found him just staring out into the night.

His pale skin glimmered in the dark. He was so beautiful and I couldn't help but think how I had developed a small crush on him.

He's a vampire, and I'm a fifteen-year-old girl staying with him.