Traumatized

I fluttered my eyes open half expecting to be on the cold, damp, wooden floor I'd grown so used to. But instead I was in my room in my bed in the castle. The fireplace in my room crackled. I looked at it and remembered the fire in the cellar.

What happened?

My mind soon went to Alexandru. I jumped out of bed in a nightgown and became overcome with surprise at how the pain I'd felt for weeks was finally gone. I forgot what it felt like not to hurt. I began crying because I had allowed myself to conform to the pain.

I swung my large door open and turned to make a break for it down the hall, but instead I ran into Lukas's large frame.

"Maggy," he said, catching his breath. "Alex had me watch your door and I heard crying,"

My tears only came out harder and I wrapped my arms around the werewolf. Lukas embraced me and held me tight.

"I am so sorry," Lukas apologized. "It's all my fault. I was supposed to keep you from any harm and I failed horribly."

I realized that I still didn't know what happened to Lukas that night but all I could do at the moment, while in his arms, was thank God for not taking him from this earth.

I wiped at my face and pulled away from Lukas. He rubbed my shoulders and gave me a sad smile.

"Where's Alexandru?" I asked sniffing up snot.

"He's out hunting."

I looked out the large window at the end of the hall and saw that it was night.

"Come, I need to get you something to eat. You're all bones." I looked back at Lukas then to my nightgown. It was made of fleece and I wanted to know what I looked like underneath.

"Okay, but let me get dressed first." Lukas nodded and I stepped back into my room.

I grabbed a pair of loose jeans and a large white, long-sleeved shirt. I walked into my bathroom and gasped at my reflection.

I had dark bags under my eyes. My cheeks were no longer round. My ears poked out and so did my chin. I slipped off my nightgown and caught my breath. A tear made its way down my bony cheek.

My ribs showed, I lost any boob fat I had, my hip bones poked out, the skin on my legs hugged the bone as well on my arms. At fifteen it looked like my collarbone was fully grown at how seeable it was.

Alexandru must think I'm ugly now. I thought about him being the one who dressed me into the nightgown.

I slipped on the clothes I picked out, did my hair up into a bun, then grabbed some socks.

I made my way down the hall and felt like I was in one of the many dreams I had while on the damp floor of the cell because of the pain I didn't feel. I felt very energetic. But I was hungry.

I made my way into the kitchen and Lukas was taking eggs and bacon out of a microwave.

"We both know I'm not the best cook." He said. "This is the Count's work." I subconsciously smiled at the thought of being able to eat the Count's food again.

I dug into my bacon and eggs and drank the milk that Lukas had poured into a glass for me. I choked on it, however, when I heard the Count's voice.

"I'm glad you're awake and eating."

I instantly turned around and found him standing all stiff and straight like he always did. Tears began to flow down my cheeks as I scrambled off of the stool I was on and wrapped my arms around Alexandru. I missed that composed figure of his. I missed that Romanian voice of his. I missed his delicious cooking. I missed him.