Winter in Transylvania

When I got out of the shower I heard howling in the night. I looked outside and couldn't find anything. Did Alexandru take Lukas outside? It was raining. I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor beast.

I quickly got dressed into comfortable sweats and made my way downstairs. Alexandru couldn't be found and I wondered if he was outside as well.

I made myself some hot chocolate and sat outback looking out at the dead gardens and full graveyard. I sipped my hot chocolate as I watched the rain fall heavily over Transylvania. Howling was heard multiple times and I began to wonder what Alexandru was doing to Lukas to make him make such noises. I also wondered if villagers wondered where the howls were coming from. Are there wolves in Romania?

Suddenly, as I sipped my drink, Alexandru flew across my vision.

I whipped my head at him and he was immediately on his feet. His rigorous form had me drooling. His hair stuck to his face, his white-collared shirt was see through and untucked. He was also not wearing any shoes. He wiped at some blood on his lip and wore a devilish smile. He didn't notice me but I watched as he ran full speed at ... Lukas! He tackled the werewolf and they both went down and rolled around in the mud. They were ... wrestling?

I laughed within myself and smiled as Alexandru wore a smile on his face and scoffed and laughed at Lukas.

It was strange and yet hilarious to watch a ten foot creature lose to a six foot man. I think what I enjoyed the most about watching them was that Alexandru never used his freezing abilities or his magic, only his strength.

I regretted being so close to the fight when Alexandru threw Lukas across the yard and into a puddle that was right in front of me. With a normal person I wouldn't have been splashed, but with a 600 pound animal, I was soaked.

"Sieh 'was du getan hast!" Alexandru said as he came running up. "Sorry, Maggy," He said as he helped me up. Lukas shook himself like a dog. When he did that, I only got more mud on me. Alexandru snickered as he tried to remove mud from around my eyes. My eyes burst open when he touched my lips. I stared at him and he froze as well in my gaze. I thought he was going to shake it off and ignore it, but he didn't. He touched my lips again with his two fingers and rubbed more mud from them.

Lukas stepped up onto the deck we were on and that's when the vampire moved away and invited all of us around to the greenhouse. He pulled out a hose and immediately began spraying Lukas. Lukas didn't expect that and was startled. It was hilarious to see his crazy face! But he allowed Alexandru to spray off all of the mud from his fur. It was then my turn and Alexandru shifted the water to something softer. He gently sprinkled me and then he sprayed parts of himself. We all scurried inside and the count decided to use his powers. Dinner was ready and Alexandru was already dry.

Lukas walked into the kitchen and bonked his head on a few of the beams hanging from the ceiling. He squatted down like he had in my room earlier and I felt bad for the poor guy.

Alexandru told me that it would probably be best for me to change clothes so I did. I then came downstairs and found Alexandru telling Lukas about his first encounter with a werewolf. I listened in until I was swept up into another one of the vampire's memories. But this one was different. I recognized it, for Alexandru wrestled with a werewolf just as he had with Lukas. I experienced Alexandru's first encounter with such a creature. When the vision was over, I just smiled at the count, because it reassured me that he at least had some happy memories.

Lukas ended up joining us with school lessons and Alexandru taught him how to hunt and how to control his behavior more as a wolf. Once human, Lukas apologized to me for how he had acted. I told him not to worry about it because I knew that he wasn't himself that night.