3| Proposal

[Edited on 23 May, 2019]

Emily's POV:

We decided to visit Edward's home. I rang the bell and Mr Jones opened the door, a warm smile on his face.

"Hello, Mr Jones!"

"Oh, my cute girl, it's been a long time since we hung out," he said patting my head.

I smiled widely at him.

"I graduated and I also got a job offer from the National Tropics hospital. I will join after a month." I said, earning praise from him.

"Oh, my two children have already grown up. I can't want anything else than seeing you succeed as much as this world can offer!"

Mr Jones always thought of me as the second child of his, a daughter which he never had. He took care of me, even going as far as scolding his own son. I was blessed in some aspect.

When my father died, he actually financially supported our family for some time until my mom found a suitable job, thanks to his help. Willows and Jones were always there for each other I guess.

Mr Jones invited me inside and offered a drink.

"How come our sweet neighbour is here to meet us?! See Elena, how these two have grown up. It wasn't long ago when society committee actually complained about them breaking people's window glasses, taking stray dogs, singing loudly in public or taking late night swims in water," he smiled mildly.

We both grinned widely and a wave of nostalgia hit us.

"Yes. But I thought I should meet you today. I guess I don't want to lose you now, do I?"

Was it too dramatic?

Edward shook his head, an attempt to say, "You're hopeless"

Now I'm going to destroy my own happiness by myself. Here I go.

"Isn't it too silent in the house? How much better it would be to have a daughter-in-law and very cheerful one at that! Not to mention, having charisma like Barbie, when she walks on the floor, it burns like hell and you couldn't get any better after seeing her smile... Oh her lips, When they open, they talk like a waterfall of Nigeria and when her hands touch something, it's done as real, oh her legs are the masterpiece of Indian redwood tree, and her eyes remind you of those extinct dodos around the world...Oh how much you want someone like that in this house," I said huffing heavily.

One-minute silence.

All three just gaped at me.

And then they burst into a fit of laughter.

"Honey if you wanted forest and nature so badly, why didn't you just tell us.? We could have gone to some trip!" Mrs Jones said, wiping tears off her eyes.

"If it wasn't for your medical job, I would have thought you were practising some comedy," said Mr Jones.

Oh. Just. Kill. Me. Now.

Edward pulled me by my arm to the next room, his grip on my arm slightly more rougher and urgent than usual.

"What are you doing?!" he whisper-yelled.

"Helping you?" I reminded him, in case his human brain hasn't evolved yet but it came out like a question.

"But you called Lara dodo and her legs tree and rabbit and her lips waterfall. How is that helping?"