14| He Cares Now When He Knows I Can't?

[Edited on 3rd June, 2019]

Mia's POV:

I woke up to the sound of something crashing on the floor. I hurried to Jake's room, too afraid to check my own.

"Are you okay? Did you fall?" I asked, worried about him. "I told you not to walk two steps out of that fucking bed of yours and you- AH!" I cried, instantly groaning in pain when my legs landed on something sharp. I sat on the floor with pain, water seeping into fibres of my jeans.

"Don't come here, Mia! I think I broke-what the hell! You stepped on the broken glass vase!" Jake said, hurrying towards me cautiously, immediately pulling me upwards by arms to make me sit on his bed.

He looked at me, his eyes red, indicating his lack of sleep, gripping my legs to put them on his lap.

"I told you not to- What should I do with you? You never listen to me and see, this is what happens!" he said, getting annoyed with each passing moment, his hands gentle with my wound, though.

He pulled the first-aid kit from his drawer, picking bits of glasses from my wound. I covered my mouth to stop myself from making any sound; it was paining too much to handle.

He looked at me, slowing his ministrations before applying antiseptic on my cleaned wound, gripping my legs tightly when I whimpered and bandaged it firmly before picking me up gently and plopping on his bed. I stared at him, like he was some werewolf, wincing with pain on my heels, massaging the wound myself.

"What? Don't stare at me!" jake started defending himself. "I am not going to eat you. I don't eat humans. So for this night, let's just have a nice sleep," Jake said while yawning, cleaning the mess of water he created when he broke the jug.

I was confused. He was asking me to sleep next to him? No way! It can't be. I am just delusional.

He turned off the lamp, before sprawling on his side of the bed. After some time, I looked at his back which was not moving.

I threw a pillow on the wall strong enough to produce a 'plop' sound to test if she really was sleeping.

Still no movement. He is asleep!

I nodded to myself, putting my toes shakily on the floor. I tiptoed, avoiding anything that may fall or I may fall upon before I successfully made to the door. I leaned my head for some time on the wall, grabbing my knees which were starting to pain from the wound now. I turned the knob. It made a soft 'click' and opened. As soon as I was going to run outside, someone grabbed me by my waist.

I screamed loudly in terror. Must be the roof ghost!

A hand came over my mouth, muffling my scream and I found my body lifted and thrown once again into the bed. My eyes widened to see Jake awake. He came to my side, poking my forehead and my head plopped on the pillow, pulling the blanket over me before going back to his side to sleep.

"If you were awake, why didn't you move when I threw the pillow on the wall?" I asked, curious about his antics. He turned to look at me, fully tuning to my side.

"I wasn't awake but did someone tell you that you walk like an elephant? I thought you were walking like that on purpose!" he said, smiling brightly, offending me more. I smacked him on his forehead, earning a glare before closing my eyes and drifting into sleep.

It was 7 am when I woke up, feeling heaviness on my chest. I looked at the ceiling of the room when I felt something moving, I looked down to see Jake's hand cupping my right breast, his face nuzzling on my neck, his lips blowing hot air over my pulse. My eyes widened on their own accord.