10| Road To Love

[Edited on 30 May, 2019]

Emily's POV:

Pretending to love him was never tough for me. With a genuine smile on my face, a slight flush of cheeks, the rigorous beating of heart, sweatiness of palm, butterflies in the stomach or the stuttering of my tongue, I was familiar with all types of symptoms of love.

Because I had experienced all of them. In mere twenty years.

Edward's parents came to visit us, giving us the wedding gift for our honeymoon. Bam!

What had they given us? Tickets to a seven days trip to Mauritius. Sounds dreamy right? Well, it ain't any dream, I am telling ya!

I was happy; a little trip could warm up my insides. Some fresh air was necessary to ease up my very disturbed mind. Edward was refusing at first, sliding his work hours reason on the table but his parents came prepared for all of it. His father assured him of his work, giving him instructions about how he should have some time off to make some family of his own.

He agreed, to my surprise, because as far as I know, Edward was the most diligent person I ever came across, even more than those subway trains.

His studies were more calculative, he actually scheduled time table for his routine, which even I failed to follow for more than a couple months. If he put up his mind on something, he would do it for sure. I had also learned quite a lot from his diligence, a piece of evidence being my call letter from the hospital.

During our school days, he was the one who would knock on my windows early morning just to take me out on jogging. We would run for hours under the strong summer sun and eventually I had to kill him twice to let me go of such exercises. Oh Just kidding!

I did all the packing which was quite harder as I had this girl trait in my blood, of spreading rumours faster than the speed of light and of packing things more than required. No matter how much I subtracted from my stuff, it was still more enough to fit in the car.

Hello, Emily! This is not your real honeymoon, a voice in my head said.

Right. This is not but still, his parents don't know that...my other, more romantic side defended.

I decided to go with four suitcases, dumping them quickly into the car before Edward would even dare to comment over them.

Minutes later Edward came, dressed up in his summer shirts and pants. I offered him my shawl, scolding him of the cold he was bound to get. When I opened the car door, Lara waved at me.

Lara! how the hell did she know-

My thoughts were cut down by Edward who came and sat beside Lara, urging me to sit faster. Seeing my confused eyes, he said, "Oh. I invited her. When I told her about those tickets she got so excited. She always wanted to tour Mauritius but due to my busy schedule, I wasn't able to take her," he explained. "Hop on, Lily! We don't wanna miss the plane." I nodded and sat on the passenger seat, beside the driver. Awkward!

Everyone was staring at me, even the driver. I coughed and he started the car. From the front mirror, I could see them whispering something and giggling, my mouth turned into a frown when they started to make out, with those weird slurping sounds. I turned on some music and fell into a deep sleep to escape this hell.

My head keeps colliding with the window every time I got a comfortable position to sleep on. I literally cursed in my sleep but then I got some good position to sleep on, I cuddled on the object. It was soft and calloused.