1. Gondolin

A/n: SUPER LONG!

Glorfindel paced back and forth outside of his chambers. Cries of pain and anguish could be heard from behind the oak doors.

A few moments later, the sounds of a baby could be heard from the outside.

The doors open as a midwife exits, a smile on her face. "Congratulations my lord. You have a daughter."

Glorfindel smiles and approaches the bed where his wife and newborn daughter were. Daelarien, his wife, was propped up against the pillows, holding a small bundle.

Upon hearing the echoes of footsteps, the new mother looks up, smiling weakly as she sees her husband. The lord sits down on the bed, placing one hand on her knee as he edges closer to the little bundle.

"She is beautiful. Like her mother."

Daelarien smiles. "She may have my dark hair, but her eyes and face are yours melamin."

Glorfindel kisses her forehead, and bends down to kiss his daughter. "What do you want to call her?"

Daelarien looks her daughter over for a moment. She moves the blanket back a little, stroking her cheek.

"Cadhradriel."

Glorfindel smiles. "I love it."

Over the next few centuries, Cadhradriel grew in wisdom and beauty. Her mother and father were proud of the Elleth she was becoming. Glorfindel was the proudest he had ever been in his long life, and for a brief moment, everything was perfect.

oOo

The fall of Gondolin came at the moment when no one was suspecting. The elves were celebrating the Gates of Summer, a great festival that was held each year in the hidden city.

Cadhradriel held tightly to her father's leg, unsure about the other elflings her age. Glorfindel kneels down next to her.

"Go on. Nana and I will be right here," he gestured towards Daelarien, who was holding her newborn son, Sarthanir.

The blonde elf kisses his daughter's forehead, and gives her a nudge towards an elfling about her age.

Cadhradriel looks to her father. He smiles and adjusts her flower crown. "There. Now you are as pretty as a princess, my little flower." The elfling giggled and ran to the other children her age.

The Lord of the House of the Golden Flower smiled as she ran off. Then, their perfect world came to an end.

It started with the sound of a dragon's roar, somewhere overhead in the night sky. The elves ran back to the safety of their homes, while those who could fight took arms against the dragon.

Cadhradriel ran to her father. Glorfindel scooped her up, wrapping his arms around her tiny body. The little elfling looked up to the sky and saw the outline of a dragon in the moonlight.

"Ada," she whimpered, hugging his neck tighter. Glorfindel glanced up to the sky. He didn't see the dragon, but knew it was there somewhere in the clouds. He reached his wife and son a few moments later.

Daelarien reached her hand out for her young daughter. Cadhradriel took her mother's hand, and hid behind her. Glorfindel kissed his family. "I will return as soon as this is over."

Cadhradriel sniffled, clinging to his tunic. "My flower, I need you to protect your nana and brother. Can you do that for me?" Glorfindel asks, cupping her face in his hand.

The young Elleth nods. She threw her little arms around his neck. "Be safe Ada."

The blonde elf stood up, and took his shield off of the wall of their home. The sounds of screams and horns blowing filled the air, as Glorfindel opened the door to leave.