13. Siblings

A/n: decided to make a change to Cadhradriel's family line. I also changed the face claim for Sarthanir.

When the Lady Celebrian had returned to Imladris safely, the entire house was busy trying to get back to normal routine.

The children of the Lord and Lady of Rivendell were with their parents, and the other members of the house acquired more duties so the family could visit together.

Cadhradriel had decided to go for a stroll around the gardens. She waited at a bench outside for her companion, Sarthanir, to accompany her.

Sarthanir smiled when he saw his sister sitting there. "Dear sister, it has been too long since we did anything together."

"Indeed. Though I fear that our duties have been the cause of that."

The blonde elf offered her his arm, which she gladly accepted, and began to walk slowly.

The siblings walked in complete silence for a few minutes. Once they reached the gardens, Cadhradriel broke the silence.

"Where did you find Lady Celebrian?"

Sarthanir stiffened slightly. "We found her in an Orc dungeon. Elladan and Elrohir were devastated. I heard you kept the Lady Arwen company?"

His older sister nodded. "I did. I didn't have the heart to tell her what was really going on. Ada and Erestor thought it would be best if she didn't know." Sarthanir nodded his head in agreement.

The two stayed silent for a few more minutes. "You were her age when Gondolin fell weren't you?"

Cadhradriel sighed. "I was. And you were the cutest little elf baby that I've never seen."

Sarthanir laughed and tussled her hair. Cadhradriel shrieked and tried to pry her brothers arms off of her head. "Take it back," Sarthanir teased. The Elleth shook her dark head. "Never! I only speak the truth." The siblings continued laughing until someone cleared their throat.

Both of them pulled away quickly. Glorfindel stood with his arms crossed. "What are you two doing?"

"Nothing," the children of the elven lord exclaim at the same time.

Glorfindel raises an eyebrow as he walks past. "Mhmm....."

The siblings stood tall and straight until their father passed. As soon as the elven lord was out of sight, Cadhradriel elbowed her brother playfully in the ribs. "See this is why we don't spend time together, we get in trouble."

Sarthanir folded his arms across his chest. "My dear sister, I do believe you were the one who started it."

Cadhradriel threw her hands up. "I told you before, I only speak the truth."

oOo

The siblings were still in the gardens, when Lindir entered. He hadn't met Cadhradriel's brother personally yet, but he knew who he was. The Ellon kept his dirty blonde hair cut to his shoulders, much shorter than other elves. He claimed it was to honor his uncle Maedhros, the eldest son of Fëanor.

Cadhradriel smiled when she saw her friend. "Mae govanen, Lindir. How are you this fine morning," she questioned as the minstrel approached.

Lindir extended his hand towards the siblings before answering, "I'm very well. Thank you, Lady Cadhradriel. This is your brother isn't it," he asked gesturing towards Sarthanir.

The Elleth nodded and introduced the two Ellons. Sarthanir nodded to the minstrel. The three chatted for a few moments, before a scream made them all turn. Lindir's younger brother, Meludir, ran by with a pastry in his hands, and a cook on his heels.

Lindir sighed, "If you'll please excuse me. My little brother has gotten into a pantry again."

The other two elves simply laughed and bid him farewell.

oOo

Once Lindir was out of sight, Sarthanir nudged his sister.

Cadhradriel raised an eyebrow to her, a smirk on his face. "What?"

"Oh nothing."

"No, there's definitely something."

Sarthanir shrugged. "He likes you."

Cadhradriel's ears flattened against her head as she blushed. "No, I believe you're mistaken."

"Cad, you're so blind even with your elf eyes! A blind man could see it the way he looks at you. I'll wager that he's already talked to Ada about courting you."

Cadhradriel sat down, holding her heart. Her younger brother rushed to her side, and held her other hand in his. "Sister, what is it," he asked worriedly looking at her.

"I feel as though my heart may burst. My heart is torn between Thranduil and Lindir."

Sarthanir gave his sister a sympathetic look and sat next to her. "Cad, Thranduil is gone. He has married another Elleth and you must learn to accept that. Give Lindir a chance," he pauses and brought her blue gaze to meet his own. "If not for yourself, do it for him."

Cadhradriel nodded and smiled to her brother. "You're right. I'll do it."

The younger of the two siblings kissed his sister's cheek. "Excellent."

"