16. Lothlórien

A/n: I'm so sorry that this chapter has taken so long to be updated, but my cat is missing and I'm freaking out.

The elven company arrived in Lothlórien a few days later. A tall elf with silver hair greeted them by the edge of the great forest. He extended his hand in the elven way.

"Mae govanen. My name is Haldir, and these are my brothers, Rumil and Orophin. The Lady Galadriel has wished for us to accompany you."

Cadhradriel nods and lets Haldir lead the way. The three Ellons lead the small company to Caras Galadhon. Cadhradriel and Sarthanir had heard of the beauty of Lothlórien, but had never seen it.

"I never thought I'd get to see this place in my lifetime," Cadhradriel whispered to her brother as they rode along. Her brother nodded his head.

"Indeed. The stories do not do it justice."

oOo

When the group arrived outside the elven kingdom, Haldir had the group dismount. He helped Cadhradriel down, and bowed when she thanked him.

"I hear that you are the daughter of the elven lord Glorfindel," Haldir noted as they walked along the path to the staircase.

The dark haired elf nodded. "I am."

Haldir smiles. "Well then, it is a pleasure to meet you and your brother. The Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn are eagerly awaiting your arrival."

Cadhradriel glanced back at her brother, who was walking with Rumil and Orophin, and he shrugged.

She turned back around and gathered her dress as they began the climb up to the top of the stairs.

Haldir halted the company when the reached the summit. Cadhradriel moved over to her brother. "First impressions," she whispered.

"I never thought I'd see trees this tall," Sarthanir whispered back.

His older sister nudged him and covered her mouth to mask her smile. The siblings stood in awe when two blonde elves appeared at the top of another staircase.

"May I present, the Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel," Haldir announced as they descended from the top.

Celeborn eyed the siblings. "Welcome, children of Glorfindel and Daelarien. We are happy to see you."

Galadriel scanned the siblings up and down. "You are weary from your travels. Come and rest. We've had rooms prepared for all of you."

Both Cadhradriel and Sarthanir bowed and extended their thanks to the lord and lady.

oOo

Cadhradriel and her younger brother attended the feast that was being held that night. They sat at the same table as the Lord and Lady of Lothlórien, and enjoyed the view of the Lothlórien elves mingling with each other.

Lord Celeborn stood up to make an announcement. He held up his wine goblet for a toast.

"A toast," he began as everyone raised their goblets. "To the coming of the Third Age of Middle Earth, and to our honored guests from Imladris, Lord Sarthanir and Lady Cadhradriel. May your visit be most prosperous."

The elves toasted and drank from their goblets. Cadhradriel sighed as she watched different couples together.

"Let me guess," a voice said startling the Elleth, "You're missing a certain Ellon back in Rivendell."

Cadhradriel had turned to see Haldir, the March warden, standing next to her. She smiled and offered him a seat next to her.

"You are correct."

Haldir chuckled and turned back to the crowd. "I hear your grandfather knew Lady Galadriel when she still dwelt in Valinor."

Cadhradriel nodded. All elves knew the tale of her grandfather, Fëanor, and his family.

"Yes, my parents came over with him when he first came to Middle Earth, of course they didn't know each other then."

"I see. Did you ever get to meet him?"

The Elleth shook her head. "I'm afraid not. He died before my brother and I were born."

Haldir nodded. All elves knew the tale of Fëanor going against the Valar, and the Noldor elves being banished here for making an alliance with him.

Cadhradriel explained how Fëanor had changed after he created the Silmarils, and how all of Fëanor's children, save her mother, took an oath stating that the Silmarils were their responsibility.

The Ellon gave her a sympathetic look. He didn't know the truth of Fëanor's family.

"I'm so sorry that your family has had to bear that burden."

Cadhradriel shrugged and took another sip of wine. "Every family has its issues. Ours were just over jewelry."

Haldir laughed. "A good way to put it."

oOo

A few days later, Cadhradriel and Sarthanir prepared to leave for Imladris. Their business had been settled, and now it was time to leave.

Haldir and his brothers accompanied the elves of Imladris to the borders, and bid them farewell. Cadhradriel knew in her heart that she would someday be back in Lothlórien, and she would be reunited with Haldir's family.

Sarthanir chatted about this Elleth that he had met, and Cadhradriel gave her opinion of the Elleth.

"Brother, if you really want to get to know her, write to her, visit Lothlórien more."

He considered this for a moment. "A wonderful idea sister. Thank you."

Cadhradriel smiled. "Anything for you."