Part Two

The cab dropped me off in front of a little white house and I smiled. It looked just like the photo I had seen and I couldn't wait to get inside. I was meeting the landlord there in a couple minutes to get the keys and officially sign the lease. I had a couple days to get stuff cleaned up in there, no one had lived there for a while.

I started my new job on Monday, I was excited. I walked up on the front porch steps and sat my bags down and looked in the window. I was happy to see that just like she said, the house came fully furnished, which was great considering all I had were some clothes and other personal stuff I couldn't live without. I turned as I heard a car slowing down and pulling into the driveway across the street. I walked over to the swing and sat down, hoping she would be here soon.

"Dude, it was awesome!" I smirked as I saw two men get out of the car, laughing and talking about some other guy. "You should have seen him, total dumb ass." They looked in my direction and I averted my eyes. "That must be the girl Shelly was talking about." They watched me a little longer before walking into the house.

A couple minutes later, another car pulled into the driveway of my new house. That must be Shelly. I stood up and smiled at her as she made her way to me. "I'm so sorry I'm late." She walked to me and shook my hand.

"It's no problem. I haven't been here very long." She smiled and opened the door. I walked and side and instantly fell in love. I saw the stairs as soon as I entered. To the left was the formal living room, to the right was the huge family room with a nice size fire place. Directly back from the front door was the kitchen. I walked into it and my mouth dropped open at how updated it was. I couldn't wait to get in there and bake.

"You like it Sydney?" Shelly's voice pulled me from my thoughts and I smiled.

"It's amazing. I could see myself here." She nodded and dug into her bag for the paperwork. We sat at the table and went over it. I started filling out all the personal information, I sighed when it got to the part about emergency contacts. "Ummm... I don't have anyone to list. I don't have any family."

"That's fine, honey. Just leave it blank. So, I heard you got hired at the little bakery down the street. You must be good, Carrie only hires the best." I shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean I use to work for a bakery in New York. When I sent her my resume, she hired me right away." We both laughed and finished the paperwork.

"Alright. Everything looks great. Here's the keys and rent is due next month by the 5th. Oh, and if you need anything, Ronnie and Michael live across the street. Really amazing guys. They'll be more than happy to help." I got up and walked with her outside. I had absolutely not intention of asking for anything from them. I just wanted quite and not to be bothered by a man in general for a long time.

"I'll make note of it. Thank you so much for helping me get this place." She waved as one of guys made his way back to the car and called her name. He was a gorgeous man, black hair, tattoos covering his arms and neck, even a couple on his face. I couldn't help but to let my gaze wonder down his body, jeez how could one man look so amazing.

"Hi Ronnie." She called. He started making his way over to us and I started getting nervous. I knew not every man was like Jason, but my guard would be up for a long time. He smiled as he stopped in front of us, both of them making small talk. He looked at me and smiled. "Ronnie, this is Sydney. She's just moving in and starts working at Carrie's bakery next week." He looked surprised.

"Hi, Syd. You must be amazing if Carrie hired you." I slightly smiled and looked away from him. His brown eyes piercing mine, it was like he could see into my soul, I didn't like it.

"That's what I keep hearing. It was nice meeting you, but I have a lot to do. Thanks again, Shelly." I shook her hand and watched as they started walking away. I knew they were talking about me. I heard him ask her what my story was.