Part Four

"Syd!" Carrie called from her office. I walked back to see her with a huge smile on her face. "Hey. Come in and sit down." I did as she asked and she laughed. "You are amazing! I don't know what happened in New York to make you leave and find me, but I'm so happy it lead you here. These lunch menu's for the past month and a half have been a total hit. People are loving them. I feel though, that you're working too hard. I want to start rotating the menus you've already done that way you can concentrate on the baking. What I actually want to do is, have you come up with them and have the other bakers make them. Making you like a manager of the kitchen. I hate that part of the job and since you know more about the recipes you're making, it only makes sense that you're doing it. The office next to mine is open and you're taking it. I'll have a new contract drawn up and there will be a massive raise in it for you."

I was shocked, I couldn't believe that she loved my work that much. I realized that maybe I had to go through all of the things I had in order to make it here, to find my worth. "Thank you so much. I would love that." She smiled, getting up from her desk, she reached for my hand, helping me up and hugging me tight.

"I don't know what you've been through, but I can tell it wasn't good. I'm here if you ever need to talk or anything. Now, go home and take the weekend off." I laughed and nodded.

"Oh my God, Carrie!" I watched as Stephanie, one of the counter girls came running into her office. "You'll never believe who just walked in to the shop!"

"Who?" We both asked at the same time, laughing at each other.

"Ronnie Radke!" They both squealed and laughed.

"Yeah, he's my friend. He lives across the street from me. He's driving me home." They looked me as their mouths fell open.

"You don't know who he is, do you?" Steph asked me, her eyes widening.

"What do you mean?" I looked and saw him standing there, talking to some of the other employees.

"Oh my God, Syd, have you been living under a rock? He's the lead singer for a band called Falling in Reverse. They are mega popular and he's so hot." She looked at him, practically drooling over him.

"Really? He never mentioned it." I shrugged my shoulders, feeling a little awkward. "So, I'll see you girls on Monday." I grabbed my bag and headed out to meet Ronnie. He smiled the minute he saw me. Reaching out, he took my hand in his as we made our way out and to the car. He opened the door for me and helped me in before walking around the car and getting in himself. Ever since the trip to the store that day, we have been practically inseparable, spending as much together as possible.

"How was your day?" He pulled out of the parking lot and began the drive home.

"It was great. I'll tell you about it later. I have a question for you though." He looked at me and nodded, silently telling me to ask it. "Why didn't you ever tell me you're a singer in a very popular band?" He smirked and stopped at a red light.

"It never came up. Honestly, it was nice meeting someone that didn't know. That was being a friend because she wanted to be a friend and not because of what I do for a living. How did you find out?" He took off as the light changed.

"Stephanie came running in the room as soon as you got there. Screaming like a school girl and told me." He laughed as he pulled into my driveway.

"Yeah, I get that reaction a lot." I scuffed as I got out of the car, him following closely behind me. We walked into the house and I set my stuff down. "So, tell me about your day, beautiful." It always made my breath catch when he called me that. It had been happening more and more lately and I really do love it. He's always so sweet  and generous with me. Never pressuring me into anything or asking too many questions. He's always there when I need him, like he knows I do.