Part Fourteen

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. "I'm so sorry, Syd. I shouldn't have left you like that, I know you needed me and I should have been there." He let me go and turned away. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Why would you even want me here?" I saw the pain in his eyes as he looked at me and my heart broke for him.

"I want you here because I love you, Ronnie. Look, I know why you left. I pushed you away, I'm so sorry I did." He shook his head and lifted his hand to my face.

"Syd, I should have been stronger. I should have waited." He wiped a tear away from my cheek.

"It was an impossible situation, Ronnie, but I love you. I never stopped. You're everything I've ever wanted." He looked at me atonshied that I would feel that way.

"I love you too, baby, so much." He pulled me back in his arms and held me tight. "I need to be with you, if you really want me." I nodded and held onto him tighter.

"Ronnie?" I looked up at him. "Will you stay with me tonight?" He smiled and nodded. Grabbing his hand, I lead him upstairs.

********************

I heard the chime on the door ding, Carrie and I walked out to the front laughing at a picture Ronnie had sent to me. I wasn't paying attention as she went to go help the customer, all I could do was stare at Ronnie's gorgoues face. We had been back together for a couple weeks now and it felt like we had never been apart.

"What can I get for you?" I heard Carrie say to the customer.

"I would love some chocolate cupcakes." I froze when I heard his voice. I couldn't look at him, he was suppose to still be in jail. I backed up and walked around the corner, hoping he didn't see me here.

"Sure thing. I'll get those ready for you." I heard them making small talk as she got his order ready. I heard the door open again. "Ronnie, she was just right here. She must at be in her office." I instantly wanted to run to him, but my feet wouldn't move.

"No worries, I'll go find her." I heard them all talking and I heard footsteps nearing the hallway. I ran to him the minute he rounded the corner. I threw myself into his arms and couldn't help the shudder that ran through my body. "Hey, baby. Someone missed me." He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I didn't let go, I didn't move. I could feel myself shaking and I knew he felt it too. "Syd, baby, what's wrong? You're shaking." He grasped my chin and forced me to look at him. "Sydney. Tell me what's wrong." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Jason. He was here." His face paled and his eyes widened. "Carrie gave him the cupcakes."

"Wait. That guy was Jason? He's suppose to be in jail." I nodded. I saw the look of pure rage on his face and he stepped out of my reach. "Wait here." Before I could say anything, he was running for the front of the store.

"No, Ronnie! Don't!" I chased after him, praying that Jason was gone. The last thing I wanted was for Ronnie to get hurt. He ran out the front door and stopped when he didn't see him there. His chest was heaving up and down harshly, and his hands were in fists at his sides. He turned and looked at me.

"The son of a bitch is lucky he's not here." He walked back to me and kissed my head. "Come on. We need to get your stuff and get home." I nodded and walked back in. Ronnie explained everything to Carrie and told her not to expect me back for a few days.

"I understand, Ronnie. I just want her safe." She said to him. I saw him nod.

"Me too. I'm not leaving her side till this is taken care of. He can't just show up whenever he wants." I walked into the office and saw the look on Carrie's face.