Part Sixteen

We walked into a motel on the side of the highway and I wanted to die. I knew it was just a matter of time before Jason decided he wanted to touch me again and I vowed I would die before I ever let that happen again. The thought of it turned my stomach and I swallowed trying to keep the contents of my stomach down. He walked up behind me and laid his hands on my waist and I tried to move away. He held me there, breathing heavily on my neck.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to touch you until we get home. It needs to be special and it will be. I promise." I closed my eyes tightly and he let me go.

"Can I go take a shower, please?" He smirked at me and nodded.

"I'm glad you remember your manners, Sydney. It'll make this so much easier." He handed me my bags and I walked into the bathroom. I shut the door and turned on the shower. I took out my phone and tried to call Ronnie but there was no answer. Fuck, I looked around and noticed the window. I walked to it and tried to open it, then noticed it was nailed shut. My head fell in defeat and knew I needed to take my shower. If I came out without one, he'd want an explanation, one I didn't have.

I dried off and slipped on one of Ronnie's t-shirts and walked out. Jason looked at me, then his smile faded. He shook his head as I walked to one of the beds. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. "You think it's fine that you're wearing his shirt? You think I would let you?" I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't care, Jason. I don't love you, I don't want to be with you. I love Ronnie, more than I ever loved you." His hand connected with my cheek and he laughed.

"You brought that on. You know you don't talk to me like that like that!" He yelled in my face and I couldn't help the laughter that followed. He looked stunned. "What happened to you?"

He dropped my arm. "I'm not scared of you anymore, Jason. Do whatever you want, rape me, beat me, kill me. I don't care anymore. I have a man at home that loves me more than anything. Who would never hurt me the way you like too. He's probably looking everywhere for me, and I'd hate to be you when he finds me. You're a fool of you think I left with you because I wanted to be with you." I turned away from him, my hands shaking. I knew what he was capable of when provoked, but I had to fight him one way or another.

When we made it back, it was either him or me. There was no running anymore, it had to end it once and for all.
*********************
The next morning he woke me early and we started the long drive home. I had checked my phone this morning and there had been a text from Ronnie. He told me he loves me and that he's coming for me. Before I could reply, Jason made us leave.

"I'm thinking we should go on a trip. A honeymoon if you will. We are getting married once we get home. I've arranged for it all, even you're dress." He looked back at the road with a smile on his face.

"You're pathetic if you think I would ever marry you, Jason. I won't. I won't consent to that." I saw his jaw clench, but I didn't care. I'd be damned if I ever let that happen. The only thing I worried about, was getting back to Ronnie.

He pulled the car over and turned to me. "You think I was asking? You really think I need your permission? You forget, Sydney, who my friends are. You won't need to give consent."

"I would rather die." He smacked my mouth like a parent would a child, only harder. I immediately tasted blood and he smiled.

"You should really watch that mouth you've developed. It's going to get you in a lot of trouble." He turned and started down the highway again.
*****************
I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket over and over. I knew I needed to check it, but he never let me out of his sight. Every time we stopped, he would follow me in the bathroom after making sure no one was in there with me. Making sure I didn't go in until he cleared it. This time, I needed to get him to let me go alone.