1 장

옷이 날개다
-Clothes Are Your Wing-
Use this proverb to emphasize the importance of dressing well

The familiar dull feeling hits her all the time as she showed up for the match-making session her mother forced her to attend. This would be the eighth time since she turn twenty, that her mother has set up for her. Exhale a lungful of breathe to release the tension, Kim Ha Na lifted her right hand to fix her high bun to make sure that no hair is out of place.

'Jinjja!' Kim Ha Na cursed to herself by mumbling on her lips. She has been scolding herself since the beginning of her subway journey all the way until she reached the staircase of Droptop Cafe in the most crowded district of Myeongdong. 

Why would she agree to meet the guys that her mother seem fit? It's been a disappointment since the beginning. The first match-making her mother arranged for her to meet the son of her clients, who was an owner of a bookstore. He only agree to meet her so his parents won't pester him further.

The second man, or maybe, she should call him, boy, instead, has been staring at his phone since they meet, he only looks up when the food arrived. The worst of all, he choked on his food, and burst all the partially digested food out over the plates when he won his virtual battle.

She lifted her brown shawl, fold it smaller and hang over her oversized black leathered bag, the warm air inside the cafe soothes her freezing cheeks from the harsh January winter.

'Eoseo oseyo! Can I help you?' The lady behind the wooden counter greeted her, at the same time, presenting a set of promotion they had at the moment. Ha Na ordered herself a cup of warm Chai Latte, she would love to have the pipping hot chocolate drizzled waffles, but it would be polite to wait for her match-making partner to show up, before she orders any food.

He is already late for the first meeting, no good.

Ha Na thought to herself. It wasn't the first time either, all the better, it would add more points to be decrease when she complain to her mother about how unsuitable the man is. She already has numerous excuse to refuse the man, being late for even one second is considered a minus point.

Sitting beside the window at the very back of the cafe, Ha Na has the intention of giving herself a five second scanning to the man she is meeting. She would observe the way he walk, the way he dressed, the way he behave and of course, the way he looks, before she decides the time she wants to waste on him.

Ha Na places her phone on the table, besides her drink, a piece of serviette is all that is on her table. She pressed her phone again to count how many minutes he is late. She had her hair tied up into a high bun, her fringe is just right enough to not cover her eyes. Although this session is meaningless to her, she always strive to look presentable whenever possible.

It was three in the afternoon, the peak hours is still way long. Ha Na enjoys the jazzy music lifting the ambience. Furnished with vintage industrial pipes at one of the walls, the room is a sophisticated mixture of modern minimalist. Ha Na enjoys visiting cafes, and to make the best out of the worst situation, she take it as a tour to different cafe in town.  Her Instagram account has gained popularity with her uploads of different restaurant and food review.

With the little time she had, thanks to the unpunctual of somebody whom her mother thought to be deserving of her daughter, she managed to take photos of the Chai Latte she ordered. When taking flay-lay isn't enough, she sought to take the picture with different angle from the table if it would produce a picture worth upload.

'Kim Ha Na? Is that you?'

While she was focusing on the clarity of the picture, Ha Na turned back, responding to the man who just called her name. Her phone camera flashes, catching the picture of the man standing in front of her. 'Ottoke?' Ha na forgot that she had the camera timer on before taking her image.