26 장

That memories, that soul shattering memories of her father fainted at the airport still haunts her

That memories, that soul shattering memories of her father fainted at the airport still haunts her. That's where her life changes forever, a bridge between heaven and hell. She was suppose to fly to D.C to meet Tony, yet, the inevitable happened, her father fainted and that itself seep away every drops of happiness from her.

Ha Na decides not to let anybody sent her to the airport, not her mother, Ji Suk and Yoo Na.

Not even Tony.

Ha Na made him promise that she won't be seeing him anywhere in the airport unless he is flying as a pilot.

She needed to do this alone. Forget about chastity belt and all the horrendous stuff Mrs Kim would imagine happened to Ha Na, her mother just needed her to be safe and alive.

Whilst showing her boarding pass and passport to the officer at the departure hall, Ha Na took one last look behind her, trying to spot if Tony would break his promise.

Maybe he didn't, or maybe he did, but Ha Na did not spot any familiar faces and decided to walk inside the gate, venturing in her new solo Kim Ha Na's journey.

Ha Na booked herself a window seat for this ten hour flight. She had all her battle equipment ready thanks to the You-tubers who recommended. A hydrating sheet mask, but she would used it when everyone is asleep before she scares the hell out of the person beside her. Of course, lip balm, wet tissues for sanitization in case she has trouble scrunching herself out of her seat.

When most of the passengers are sorting their hand carries into the overhead compartment, Ha Na has already settle down and choosing the movies that she might be interested in.

While she was reading the synopsis of Dear John which somehow resembles her situation with Tony now, someone just sat down beside her.

'Annyeong.'

Uncertainty pricks her, Ha Na wanted to be alone somehow, even when there's hundreds of human surrounding her, she wanted no human connection unless it's the stewardess who is serving her meal.

Ha Na respond to that voice, anyway, turning to the right to see the man who just greeted her.

None of his features shouted any sense of familiarity in her memory.

'Sorry, do we know each other?' Ha Na smiled ruefully at him.

'Not really,' he chuckles, 'but you always show up at the convenience store having toppoki,' he made a brief introduction.

Ha Na recalled if she met him before, she has been too troubled by her father that she hardly memorized the faces of passersby.

'I was the army guy, if you remembered,' he shrugged and chuckles.

'Ah...' Ha Na voiced. But she absolutely have no idea and she doesn't know how to make this any less awkward.

'It's alright, if you can't remember me, but I do remember you. Now, we can continue to be stranger or we can pretend that you remember me.' He stretches his hand and offered a handshake, 'Kang Min Ho.'

_-_-_

'Seriously, you took me here to see airplane?' Dong Ja grumbled, 'that's my tactic for wooing girls.'

Breeze of the spring brush across Tony's face, the sun is shining balmy on a Saturday morning. Ha Na took an early flight, perhaps its better to finish it faster, once and for all, no more dilly dally.

Tony, wearing his aviator sunglasses, leaning against the door of his car, watches Ha Na's plane flew and soared towards the clouds.

'How are you so sure that's Kim Ha Na's flight?' Dong Ja kicked the stones in front of him to solve his boredom. If he knew Tony would bring him to the field and waited one hour just to watch Ha Na's plane fly, he would have stay at home and get cozy on his bed doing nothing for the whole day. But, Tony is his best buddy, and thus the sacrifices.

'Of course I know,' Tony replied monotonously, 'I flew the President, remember?' Tony knew Ha Na's flight schedule, calculate the number of minutes it takes for take off, it isn't difficult for him to predict which plane belongs to Ha Na's. He didn't break his promise, alternatively, he watched her beyond the property of the airport.

Dong Ja knew his buddy is feeling low from the break up, but it would be really gay to have those talk with him. 'You know, the grass is always greener on the other side, so they say.'

'Shut up, Dong Ja. Nothing educational is coming from your mouth.' Tony continues to follow the direction of the plane, he will carry on watching it, until it completely vanish from his sight.

'I know, which is why Eun Suk is angry with me all the time,' he chuckles at himself, recalling the last he saw her at Mr Kim's funeral, how Eun Suk walked away in a huff.

'She made a wise choice, though.' Tony felt the emptiness grinding inside his chest, Ha Na has left, for real this time, he needs quite a lot of time to readjust his life in Korea again, without Ha Na this time round.

'Lee Jung Ho, you should support your friend,' Dong Ja reminded him.

'I support justice, look, if you really want her so much, go and look for her, instead of behaving like a pussy in front of me.' Tony opens the door and head inside, starting the engine.

Dong Ja went dumbfounded, besides giving Tony an annoying stare, there's nothing he could shoot back at Tony, because he was right, Dong Ja just doesn't want to admit Tony was right.

'So, should I drag you to where Eun Suk is right now so you can clear your system once and for all?' Tony starts driving, peeking a look at the blue sky, imagining what's Ha Na doing up there. His chest grew heavier day by day, with no exact dateline when the pain would stop. It's like a water crisis, you see the pond gets drier everyday and you just hope the sky would turn grey and send a torrential rain. But no, the sun is still shining brightly everyday. That's probably how Tony is leading his life now, it felt like Ha Na's voice echoes in his brain all the time, it's so near and yet so far, he tried to hold it but he can't.

Perhaps time is his only cure, yet, at the same time, it's the toxic that he is feeding himself everyday.