33 장

This wasn't the first time Tony took advantage of his busy schedule to numb himself from thoughts. He would prevent any chance at all to drift his thoughts to her.

Her face.

Her voice.

Her everything.

Yet, he did it again, and those beautiful dark eyes leave another imprints in his mind whenever he wakes up.

Tony has reside in the new apartment he bought, since his parent's house were filled with imperishable memories of them. Whenever he walked pass the room she stayed, the scent of her hair unconsciously crept to his mind, as if she is still residing here, with him.

Mainly, he bought this house for them. He never expected it would bounced back that fast. Since Tony hardly spend his time at home, the interior were pretty much empty, with only the most basic furniture he needs. It doesn't look like a house that is cozy, rather, he hasn't thought about what to do with this house yet.

Even during the weekend, Tony headed to his office just to pass his time.

Amanda Jennings wonders if Tony noticed her presence, ever since she knew that Tony has been coming to work during the weekend, she decided to make the best of the opportunity.

'I got some coffee for you,' Amanda knock at his door, realizing Tony was staring blankly at his phone.

Tony reacted swiftly, placing his phone on the desk like it was an unconscious move to cover his act. 'Oh,' Tony is still flustered by Amanda's sudden intrusion, 'thanks.'

She walks into his office with a racing heart. Looking at Tony straight in the eyes is a challenge, Amanda was amazed that even when her heart was beating erratically, she is still able to focus on her job when Tony is a fine distraction all the time.

When she places his coffee on Tony's table, her eyes unconsciously took a peek at what's on his phone, it's wasn't an intrusion of privacy, she was unable to unsee it since the picture just fall right into her eyes. There's a picture of Tony and another girl, they will smiling buoyantly at the camera.

Amanda remained silent for a moment to absorb the face of that girl who Tony is wrapping over her shoulder. They seems intimate, Amanda thought.

'Is that your girlfriend?' Amanda question him. She has been meaning to ask him. Tony is the kind of person who keep his private life from work. He hasn't been sharing his life after work to anybody at all in the workplace. Without an active social media account, it's pretty hard to uncover the mystery behind Tony Lington. Rachel Woods is a living proof that office romance is definitely a wrong decision.

That's what Ha Na hated. Tony doesn't post anything at all to his Instagram, and there's no way Ha Na is able to keep track of his wellbeing, since they are currently fitting the situation of Korea's 38th Parallel. None of them is willing to take the first step of speaking to each other, let alone texting.

'I'm sorry?' Tony reacted with surprised.

'The girl in your phone,' Amanda hinted at her phone. Being a high achiever person, Amanda knows what she wants. But before she took further steps, Amanda needed to know if Tony is achievable ethically.

'Well—' somehow, this question that Amanda Jennings presented has gone over his boundary and Tony, a person with strong principles were uncomfortable in sharing it. Tony took his phone and lock it.

Amanda knew she has gone over the line when Tony reached out for his phone. But, she need to purge this dubiety from her system once and for all. 'Tony, look, I'm not asking for the purpose of meaningless small talks. I am asking because I wanted to know if there's a chance you are attached to another woman.'