38 장

Ever since his meeting with Ha Na, Amanda felt something is unusual with Tony, even though he assure her it was fine, but, it's obvious he wasn't.

Amanda didn't persuade him further. Before Tony started their relationship, she was well aware of Ha Na and their past. Tony slowly open up to Amanda, because, he can't simply dive in to a relationship with Amanda and leave her no clue about his past relationship, especially with Ha Na.

When Amanda confessed her feelings for Tony, he rejected her because he wasn't in the right stage for commitment, and Amanda appreciate that he is being honest and considerate.

Few months down the road, Amanda didn't rush him, she just let things flow by itself, behaving like how they would in the office.

On one occasion, when Amanda didn't show up for work, Tony learnt that she was admitted to the hospital. Spontaneously, he rushes there to visit her. 'Why didn't you call me? I would have take you there,' Tony admonished her after learning that Amanda had to drive herself to the hospital when the pain in her abdomen is killing her.

'I wish I had the right to call you,' Amanda confessed while recuperating from a mild surgery.

Somehow, as day passes, Tony reveal about Ha Na, like it was the first step for them to get to know each other better.

And, somehow, Tony ask Amanda out.

Again, somehow, they start holding hands and doing what normal couples do.

Kisses...

Sex...

And until Ha Na's presence, Tony was never this unfocused. He was staring blankly at the screen in his office when Amanda happened to walk pass his office.

Dong Ja asked his best buddy out for a beer afterwork and Tony agreed.

'It wasn't my fault, Eun Suk ordered me to bring you to the airport, dead or alive, you know, I couldn't reject her,' Dong Ja felt like he needed to clarify with Tony.

'Right, you've always been a dick to me and a pussy to Eun Suk,' Tony gulp his favorite Korean beer with a twist of lime and salt straight from the bottle.

'What?' Dong Ja widened his eyes and mouth at the same time, but he couldn't think about any words to retaliate Tony, because, obviously, Tony was right. 'Some of kind buddy you are.'

'You're welcome,' Tony's face is expressionless, and life has been dull for him ever since that faithful morning when he met Ha Na.

'Hang on,' Dong Ja's face went pale as he reads the news he received from
Eun Suk's sister.

Tony sensed Dong Ja's uneasiness, 'something's wrong?'

'It's Eun Suk, she's- she's in the hospital, I need to go now,' abruptly, Dong Ja got up from his seat that instant while Tony left a note behind for the bills and chase after Dong Ja.

'Why? What's wrong with her?' Tony, approached him, but it seems like Dong Ja's soul was missing, he was all messed up and the only thing he is focused on was to get a cab.

'I don't know, her sister said she fainted at home, damned it,' Dong Ja cursed, none of the cab is available at the moment.

'I'll call for a cab,' Tony pat his shoulder, like a way to calm Dong Ja down.

Ha Na and Yoo Na went to the hospital as soon and Ji Suk texted them, she was panic, and nobody is there to help her, the only people she could think of were none other than the girls.

Ji Suk was all shivering with worries to see her sister laying on the floor, face as pale as a sheet of paper, she doesn't know how long she has been fainted as well. Image of Ha Na's father, Mr Kim surfaced in her mind, and that's probably the worst thing she want to experience.