Chapter Four

A/N: I prefer 'Antoine' over Anthony for the Tremaine boy's name, largely because the Descendants kids all have very Americanized names with little to no cultural backgrounds (Lonnie, seriously?) So most of my characters get at the very least a multicultural spelling or a different version of the name their nicknames represent. On that note, Jay is short for Jahid, and in this au Lonnie is short for Lanying. ;)

P.S.: Daria exists because she was my OC for Drisella's daughter before Dizzy existed, so she's been retconned in as Diz's big sister.

Chapter Contains: Brief discussions of sex on The Isle

• • •

On Mal and Evie's fifteenth birthday, Jay surprised them with their very own room in the Junk Shop, which had legally been Jay's for two years now. Business was thriving, because the thief had good prices, and everyone was too afraid to steal from him, as they all knew Jay's shop was guarded by the Dragon. He'd given Carlos his old room in the garage, as soon as the old man gave up the ghost. And as soon as they'd cleared all the crap out of it.

Mal and Evie's room was gorgeous, with blue and purple drapes (Carlos had dyed and repaired them by hand), and blank beige walls, just waiting for Mal to decorate them. The bed was little more than a mattress, because what Isle beds were any better? But this mattress at least had bottom sheets, and an old comforter that was flat, but warm.

Mal had truly grown into her magic. She was crafting her own sigils, based on the arcane signs in her mother's spell book, and incorporating them into her Long Live Evil tags. She didn't know the true effect of the magic until later, but the sigils inspired fear and respect in all who saw them, so her graffiti became a powerful symbol of propaganda. Lately, Mal had been studying what she knew, not just of magic, but of strategy. Their parents had spent their entire lives scheming to get off of the island, so much that they'd neglected to deal with matters here at home. The new gang aimed to change that.

"Evie, darling, what is it that they say about stores and prices in Auradon?" Mal asked coyly, as she painted a powerful protection sigil on their bedroom wall.

"The freer the market, the freer the people?" Evie asked, knowing that there was a point to Mal's trivia games. There always was.

"Yes. That was it." Mal smiled wickedly. "This isn't Auradon though, and we're anything but free. I think it's time to lay down the law."

The law of the Isle, was that the strongest make the rules, and gods above, these four children were strong. Magically strong, manipulatively strong, and so so strongly in love.

"We need an army, Mal." Evie commented, as if she were discussing the weather. "A recruitment drive."

"Do you know anyone who might be interested?" The half-faerie asked, putting the finishing touches on her art.

"The Tremaine cousins. Dizzy loves me like a sister, and the older cousins Antoine and Daria want to stop their hag of a grandmother from abusing their drunken mothers." Evie went over the data in her head, already formulating a plan to get the cousins on her side.

"Well, we're helping abused kids now, apparently, so we might as well help their parents too." Mal shrugged, and with that motion, sealed Lady Tremaine's fate.

"Oh, Ginny Gothel is unaffiliated with any gangs right now." Carlos chimed in, from his spot in the corner, where he was running a wire of fairy lights along the wall of the room.