Bonus: Playlist for Part Two

12. "Come away little lamb, come away to the water - away from the life that you always knew."

Song: Come Away To The Water
Artist: Maroon 5, Rozzi Crane

Why: The atmosphere is very Isle, and it's about how the villain life calls to Ben, and tempts him to let out his inner beast. But certain lyrics (come away to the slaughter) indicate that Ben might not be more than a sacrifice on the path to Mal's victory.

13. "When the sun goes down. When the sun goes down and the dies is cast. When the die is cast, and you have no choice, we will run with dirty boys."

Song: Dirty Boys
Artist: David Bowie

Why: A very Jaylos song for any scene, but the menacing tone specifically applies to what happens in this chapter with Carlos killing Cruella. Just listen, and imagine Jay and Carlos running the town, not unlike Mal and Evie's Bad Girls song in Part One.

14. "Where do we go from here? Now that all of the children are growing up? How do we spend our lives, if there's no one to lend us a hand?"

Song: Games People Play
Artist: Alan Parsons Project

Why: Every lyric in this song is very good for the villain kids (I don't wanna be here no more. I don't wanna stay here). It really captures the anger and bitterness at being forgotten, left behind, and condemned to a life of hardship. (How do we live our lives, knowing nobody gives us a damn?)

15. "This is your racing heart. Can you feel it? Can you feel it? Pounce through your veins, can you feel it? Can you feel it?"

Song: Laura Palmer
Artist: Bastille

Why: This song is great for Jane's magical awakening, and it really captures how she feels scared and exhilarated at the same time. Trapped on the Isle is the freest she's ever been.

Interlude III: "Tired of screwin' up, tired of goin' down, tired of myself, tired of this town."

Song: Mary Jane's Last Dance
Artist: Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Why: This song just has the vibe I was going for in this chapter. It's not so much the lyrics as the feel of the music.

16. "I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your life. I'll tell you my sins, so you can sharpen your knife. Offer me my deathless death, oh good god, let me give you my life!"

Song: Take Me To Church
Artist: Hozier

Why: Once again with the religious symbolism... This song calls to mind a ritual, and when I hear the lyrics, I think of Ben blindly worshipping Mal, so in love with her that he'd do anything for her.

17. "Oh, we're gonna turn up the crazy. Living like a washed up celebrity. Shooting fireworks like the fourth of July... Until we feel all right!"

Song: Victorious
Artist: Panic! At The Disco

Why: They finally got the barrier down, and accomplished the second major goal! I especially love the lyrics, and the royalty imagery is so Mevie.

18. "Oh you fool, there are rules, I am coming for you. You can run, but you can't be saved. Darkness brings evil things, oh the reckoning begins. You have opened the yawning grave."

Song: The Yawning Grave
Artist: Lord Huron

Why: You might have noticed that the two Auradon perspectives at the beginning and end of the chapter have some heavy foreshadowing. This is the beginning of the end, and those who are at fault should be very, very afraid.

19. "I do believe it's true, that there are roads left in both of our shoes, but if the silence takes you, then I hope it takes me too."

Song: Soul Meets Body
Artist: Death Cab For Cutie

Why: This was kind of a filler chapter, so it was hard to choose a song for. This one fits the atmosphere I was going for.

20. "Don't do anything to us, today. There's nothing left, to take away. I know the crash is coming, 'cause I smell the fuel in the morning. I hear the engine stop, but I'll find my own way down."

Song: Crash
Artist: Mesh

Why: The angry lyrics in this song resonate with the VKs, and in this case, 'the crash' is the fall of Auradon. Our kids are gearing up for the final phase of their plan.

Interlude IV: "This is how I show my love. I made it in my mind because. Blame it on my ADD, baby."

Song: Sail (Unlimited Gravity Remix)
Artist: Awolnation

Why: This song really captures the anticipation of this interlude. The first half is two stories about Auradonians and their parallel VKs. The second half is about how everything's coming together for the final act.