Chapter Ten

A/N: In this chapter, our kids finally catch a break and get to relax for a while. We check back in with Auradon, and finally get a Mevie Proposal!

P.S: It's weird to figure out terms of endearment for Isle kids who are still under the pretense of being evil.

Contains: A frank discussion of abortion and teen pregnancy. Also, I have literally no idea about the Tangled/Frozen timelines as they relate to each other, so take the years Rapunzel and Elsa say with a grain of salt...

It was the beginning of a new age. While it wasn't strictly against the law, Uma's crew did a good job of harassing merchants into keeping their prices down. The system was now in place for those who needed help to get it, and those who still hurt the weakest among them, despite Mal's example, were able to be dealt with. Finally, they could relax, and hunker down for the winter. Life went on as usual in Dragon Hall, including medical appointments.

"So, what brings you here today?" Evie asked, glancing over at Ginny Gothel, who sat on a chair in Evie's impromptu apothecary shop. It was an abandoned classroom, with shelves made from old crates and boxes, and used plastic bottles filled with potions and poisons.

"I think I caught a stomach bug." Ginny explained, running a hand over her stomach. "I throw up a lot now, especially in the mornings. I can't eat certain foods without feeling sick, too."

"Any other symptoms I should know about?" Evie asked, as she used her homemade stethoscope (designed by Carlos, of course).

"Um, yeah. Like, I have headaches a lot, and pains in my feet and ankles, which I've never had to deal with before." The girl explained, and for her to be admitting weakness like this, must have meant she was afraid. Even the gentlest of Isle kids still had trouble admitting they were sick, or hurt. Often their parents had punished them for it.

"Ginny, has it occurred to you that you might be pregnant?" Evie ventured. She couldn't be sure about that diagnosis, but it was something to consider.

"Oh no. No no no." Ginny muttered, eyes wide. "I cannot be pregnant!"

"Why not?" Evie asked, earnestly. She had the necessary potions to administer abortions, of course, and had already done so for one very young girl who was the victim of rape, and likely wouldn't survive the pregnancy. She didn't like doing it though, and it wasn't a painless process. But if Ginny Gothel truly wasn't ready to have a child, Evie certainly wouldn't force her to.