Chapter Eleven

A/N: I hope you guys like the House parliament system. About the concept of sending poor people to the Isle: when Australia was still a prison colony for England, many people were sent for really stupid 'crimes' like being an unwed mother, being a beggar, stealing bread, etc.

Given that there is a real-world precedent here, I don't think it's very far-fetched for the more bitchy kings like Charming to send their poor people to the Isle for dumb, yet technically legal reasons, just to get the 'ugly peasants' out of sight.

Contains: Auradon Politics, and the Isle counterpart, shortsighted Adam and the whiny old blood families you've all come to expect from this story.

"More news from the Isle, Milord." Lumiere announced, handing King Beast his weekly readout of the major events taken place on the Isle of the Lost, as discovered by the magic surveillance map that watched the Isle, and Yen Sid's reports.

Apparently, according to the latest news, crime rates had stayed mostly the same, as far as Auradon could tell. Fewer random murders were occurring, but Mal's bodycount was now in the fifties. The Auradonians did not notice how fewer children were starving to death, or how domestic abuse had gone down by huge percentages.

They only saw that a sixteen year old girl (soon to be seventeen), had killed over fifty people, including her own mother, and didn't show any signs of stopping. On top of that, she seemed to be putting on a farce of a wedding, between herself and the daughter of the Evil Queen (the Whites were simply scandalized by that), with no priest or officiant. Clearly, Mal Morgana was insane, and Adam wasn't sure how to stop her.

Yen Sid had been surprisingly honest about the mess. He sent letters explaining how the people killed by Mal were "hardened criminals" who needed to be "dealt with", and King Beast felt compelled to remind him that they were all hardened criminals. The isle was full of criminals, that was the entire point. Yen Sid replied with a copy of Mal's ludicrous constitution, a document with no legal bearing and clearly admitting to Mal's taking of the law into her own hands, enforcing hard labor and the death penalty.

Adam was beginning to think the old man had actually lost it, clearly corrupted by the evil around him on the Isle. The king couldn't decide what to tell Ben. Should he crush his son's hopes and dreams by showing him the evidence of Mal's evil? He would do so, if he wasn't afraid of Ben catching wind of Yen Sid's crazed explanations too. He might just start to believe the nonsense, in order to hold onto his hope that the children of villains were not inherently evil...