Interlude II: Letters

A/N: Once again, this interlude isn't important to the story, aside from letting you get a glimpse into the lives of people in Auradon and on the Isle. World building, if you will. That said, read on to find a badass Evie standing up to her Mom, and other fun mother/daughter tidbits from this universe.

Aziz & Fatima: Aladdin's son and daughter.

Willow: Snow White's daughter.

Chad & Cindy: Cinderella's son and daughter.

P.S: The formatting in this chapter was a pain in the butt! If anyone knows how to do strikethrough in wattpad, I'd love to know.

Letter One: Evie to Grimhilde

"Dear Mother,

"I hope this letter finds you well. I attached it to one of your vultures, as I've been far too busy to deliver it by hand. I wanted to let you know that I'm officially engaged, and getting married soon. As one of the benefits of being Mal's mother-in-law, I'm sending you a new servant, to help around the house.

"The young woman is named Jeanette, and she's several years older than me. She came to our court a few weeks ago, requesting a job in exchange for food and care for her children. We now care for her children during the day, and let them eat breakfast and dinner with us, here at Dragon Hall. I should let you know though, mother, if you treat Jeanette with any disrespect, I'll have to send her back, and you wouldn't want that, would you? I know how your bones ache, and you really do need the extra help.

"I would love for you to be at my wedding, mother, but you know how particular Mal can be about these things. She's told me that you're only allowed to come under my conditions, and that if you make me cry on my special day, she might literally kill you. A scary thought, I know, but I'm glad to have someone who protects me so fiercely.

"I have a new potion ready for your arthritis, and the jar is attached with this letter. I hope it helps. I know you may think it's unvillain-like of me, but I've forgiven you for all your past offenses, mother. I've forgiven, but I have not forgotten, and Mal's warnings apply threefold with me.

"I am obligated to you because you gave birth to me, raised me, and taught me everything I know. But if you make one wrong move, if you try to manipulate me, or any of my allies, I will PERSONALLY take away any privilege or status you might hold, and leave you destitute, ALONE, and UGLY. Do I make myself clear?

"That said, I really would love it if you were at my wedding, mother. I still love you, and I want to rebuild our relationship, but this time, without the abuse and cruel words.

"Your daughter, Evie."

Letter Two: Jane to Fairy Godmother