Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I can't explain why I like Dominant Carlos. I simply do. Carlos the Callous is god-tier and you can fight me on that.

Content: After these last few calm chapters, we're about to get real dark again... Cruella dies this chapter, in a more hands-on and violent way than Jafar or Maleficent did. There's some slurs too, used by Cruella towards Carlos, and even though she suffers for it... she's pretty awful.

P.S: Thanks for your patience, everyone! I recently transferred to a new phone, and lost a lot of my saved work on Wattpad, putting me way behind my planned update schedule! ; _ ;

• • •

Recently, Evie had started making embroidered patches for each faction on the island, so anyone could tell at a glance whose house they were in. Carlos wore his House of DeVil patch proudly - it was blood-red, with a white border. Inside the crest was a dog's profile in black and white: a Dalmatian. Jay wore his badge with pride, on the lapel of his leather jacket, while Carlos wore it on his upper coat pocket.

Carlos, the frequently misjudged, was viciously protective over what was his, and that included Jay. Thus, he was rather supportive of Mal and Evie's house system. Now, when Juan or Jay, or his minions were out on the island, he could rest easy, knowing that no one would mistakenly or willingly attack them. To do so would risk the fury of House DeVil, and Carlos the callous, Carlos the cruel, who saw typical human beings as lesser when compared to his genius, and wouldn't hesitate to crush anyone who crossed him.

Jay found it insanely hot when short, young, underestimated Carlos let out his possessive side. Hell had no fury like an angry DeVil.

That was why Cruella died, eventually. Not because of what she'd done to Carlos (because while her son could kill on a whim, he didn't consider her worth his time), but because she was foolish enough to cross Jay, and that was unforgivable.

On the day it happened, Carlos was working on the device, the one that was destined to destroy the barrier. He'd realized with a twinge of frustration, that he'd left some necessary supplies in his treehouse at Hell Hall, back when he'd run away all those years ago. As much as he hated it, Carlos would have to go back home, and see if things were as he'd left them. It would be cheaper and quicker than trying to obtain new parts at this stage.

He brought Jay along as a lookout, since Carlos knew he could handle his mother... He just preferred not to, if he could help it. Unluckily for him, his mother was drunk enough to be stupid, but not too drunk to recognize him.

"Carlos! You worthless boy! Where have you been? I thought you were dead!" Cruella snarled viciously.

"Some welcome party." Jay muttered, and Cruella smirked at the taller young man.

"Ah, I see how it is." The bitter old woman snickered. "The boy's been spreading his legs for protection."

"Hey! You can't say that about him!" Jay retorted, but Carlos merely brushed it off. On the outside he seemed perfectly neutral, but Jay knew that was how he coped, by compartmentalizing his emotions.

"Keep the old hag occupied, Jay. I have business to attend." Carlos growled, and stalked from the room.

"Oh boy. He's mad now." Jay whistled appreciatively, glad to see his boyfriend finally standing up for himself.

"All I see is a scared little boy, running away." Cruella retorted. For the first time, Jay noticed two pairs of eyes watching from the shadows. Horace and Jasper were waiting, to see how things would play out.