pretty is hard

My dad walked down the steps and gave my mom an angry look. She cowered away back into the kitchen. I heard pots and pans rustling and water being drained. She was probably about to finish cooking the spicy eel.

"I told you not to be courtin Rain!" My dad said angrily.

"I'm not. Derreck is my friend from school dad. He is a nice guy." I said nervously. My dad spoiled me but he was strict and didn't play.

"I DON'T CARE WHO HE IS! You done brought some stranger in my house around my baby girl and you probably don't know him. Gimme ya keys!" My dad held his hand out and I put my keys in it.  He get on my nerves grounding me and stuff over nothing.

"Boy what you still sittin there for? You ain't gon speak?" my dad looked over at Derreck.

Derreck jumped up and shook my dad's hand. He greeted him politely. My dad smiled and started grilling Derreck.

"What you want with my first born boah!" my dad asked. He was talking loud just to scare Derreck. It was funny because it wasn't working.

"We just friends sir. I have no intentions of hurtin yo daughter or nothin like dat" He  said sounding truthful.

"You better not or it'll be yo ass" my dad wasn't talking loud anymore.

I decided to leave them to talk and went into the kitchen to check on my mom. She was rolling the eels around in chilli paste and putting them on a pan. I got a pitcher and started making tea. My mom looked at me and walked over to me.

"You know you fatha doesn't like you talk to the boys. Why you bring him hea" she asked.

"He is just a friend it's no biggy." I said

"Wrong answer" She slapped me with what felt like all her might.

I stood in shock holding my jaw as she just continued cooking as if nothing ever happened. I walked back into the living room and found that Derreck was gone. I hoped my dad didn't scare him away.

I sat on the couch and listened as my dad lectured me about not talking to boys. I really didn't need to hear any of this mess. I was tired and I just wanted to shower and change into my sweats and go to bed.

I knew it would be an hour or two before dinner was ready. It was already one in the evening.

I went upstairs and combed my hair into a bun and showered. I then sprayed on some body oil.  I pulled my sweats out of my drawer and put them on. I decided to take a nap.

I got into bed and snuggled under my covers. I thought about Lando and how we had become cool again. He was the one who liked me before I changed my wardrobe. I guess he would be the guy for me.

Derreck came with too much drama. All his thot ex's who were always wanting to fight and his brother who tried to get with me. It was just too much. Plus Derreck was a thot himself and I couldn't trust him to be faithful.

Carlos always held me too long and would tell me he was going to call me but I hadn't heard from him yet. I lay there on my way to sleep. I was only half conscious when my phone rang.

LOVIN YOU IS COOL

BUT GETTIN MONEYS

THE ONLY THING THATS ON MY MIND

I'LL BE DAMNED IF I DON'T HUSTLE

I'D BE LIVIN ON THE STREET

IF I'M NOT ON MY GRIND

"Hello" I heard Carlos say.

"Hey Carlos. How's it going hun?" I knew I sounded groggy.

"Nothin. I was just thinking about you" He said. He was so calm.

"Aw. That is so sweet." I said as I sat up. I was wide awake now.

"You different mamas. I wanna see you real soon." He said sounding so sexy. His accent was making me smile and I wanted to giggle.

"What time? I can't this week. My dad took my car keys." I said. I was disappointed.

"I'll pick you up from school tomorrow and we'll go." He said.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan. Wait, I have to pick my sister up from daycare on week days plus I have to work after school."

"We'll talk Tuesday or I'll catch you at school" He said. We talked some more and he hung up.

I dashed to my closet to pick out something cute for tomorrow. I picked out the strapless shirt with the silver pants and a black leather jacket. I would wear it with my black flats.

I could hear my dad calling me from down the stairs and saying that dinner is ready. I rushed down the stairs and fixed my plate. Eel baked in chilli paste and rice and spinach balls rolled in seasoning salt.

Everyone at in silence. I was glad for the silence. I was angry at my mom for slapping me. We finished eating and I went upstairs and went to bed.

I was worn out by the day I had. I didn't know how pretty girls did it. All the dates and events. Was it hard or was it just me.?

Hey y'all. Yea I know this was a short chapter. hehehe. idc it was good tho. uu knooow uuu liiike iiit! hehehe. welp talk to ya next chapter. bye.