Chapter 6- Beyond the lakes

The vast, expansive forests of France spread for miles and right now they were being doused with copious rain. All forest life took shelter together in their deep dark holes and cosy canopies. Other forms of life had entered the forest from the south. The sounds of hoofs and rain splashing off metal swords could be heard in a forest clearing. It was of course Frollo and his experienced guards looking galant in their armour but spineless in their nature. They shielded their faces from the astounding downpour.

"This blasted weather, no such treatment of a figure head like me. Appalling...captain?" Frollo scolded as he hid his face but not doing a very good job as he was soaking.

"Yes sir?" Answered Captain Phoebus coming up front beside Frollo, who didn't seem as bothered by the rain.

"We must keep looking no matter what turn the weather takes. This has actually played perfectly into my hands as the gypsy heathens will have to find shelter for themselves. That means they are bound to be in some of these caves somewhere. Like a rat caught in the trap...served up to me on a silver platter, it's almost too perfect you know. We continue on, even if it takes us all night" Frollo bellowed with a sinister tone. His brow raised as his evil plan looked almost set in stone to win.

Captain of the guard Phoebus had similar aspirations but the overall thought of this plan churned his stomach. "Of course sir...whatever it takes" was all he could shout back in response. Frollo would surely miss the tremor in his voice as the sound of the rain muffled him, even as he shouted.

Captain Phoebus has been summoned back from the wars in aid of helping Frollo with his plan to delete the gypsies from Paris. Unaware of this when he started, he had some reservations about the entire idea but after previous insubordination with following certain orders, Phoebus knew this time he had to play by the rules. No matter how he hated them.

Forging a path through the dense forest, all sounds caused Frollo to snap to attention. His paranoia of missing any 'filthy gypsies' as he so unkindly labelled them was heightened more than usual. "Captain, Send your other men over to the west. I hear that the unholy filth may hunt have a colony of some sort hidden in the mountains. And you Captain, stick with me. If we have any better luck I need your combat skills to disarm and take them down" as Frollo spoke, that evil fire in his eyes urged his pride and others further. His sick smile lingered while he crushed his hand into a fist as he finished his sentence. The rain splashed over them all, soaking them from head to foot.

While Phoebus's group made their way steadily to the west with a moan and a groan, Minister Frollo and the Captain set out to patrol then to scavenge the south further. "Sir...may I ask...what do you intend to do with the...unsuspecting gypsies if we find them?" Phoebus curiously raised an eyebrow.

Turning his horse to face the Captain, Frollo smirked then placed his cross that hung from his neck close to his heart " you mean WHEN I find them Captain

Turning his horse to face the Captain, Frollo smirked then placed his cross that hung from his neck close to his heart " you mean WHEN I find them Captain...and when I do find the weak, barbaric thief's I shall not stop to end the vile plague that erupts through my land. One...by...one" prideful eyes glinted in the glow of the lightening. Phoebus bowed his head then giving a quick but disapproving nod remained in silence.