Chapter 15- Bad blood

He had felt delirious, constant state of delirium! Traipsing through unconventional forests and hunting in caves like some savage! And Frollo despite his underlying madness and obsession with finding the girl, his head felt weary and too loose. After his sudden hunch that he was wasting his time searching the forests, he ordered his men to hold search parties and to visit all corners of the city. Someone there was bound to of seen or heard something regarding her!

"YOU IDIOTS!!! I SERVE TO YOU A JOB THAT I MAKE PERFECTLY CLEAR HAS TO BE DONE CORRECTLY AND YOU DISPLAY ME NO RESULTS, NOTHING?!!!" Screeching his orders to his men as a few accumulated in his office. Banging his fist on his desk then throwing the contents of the of it onto the floor with force, Frollos eyes blistered with rage.

"W-we're sorry s-Sir...b-but n-nobody has seen a-anything" a guard replied timidly as he grasped his helmet.

"THEN MAKE THEM SEE!!! I WANT HER FOUND...AND FOUND ALIVE!!! I WANT THOROUGH, DETAILED ACCOUNTS FROM EVERYONE!!! Torch every house, every neighbourhood TORTURE EVERY FAMILY IF YOU HAVE TOO! SOMEONE IN THUS THIS CITY KNOWS WHERE SHE IS! And I will find out where! I'll find her even if I have to burn down all of Paris! Now go!" Waving his arms around, his hair unkept and eyes wild, Frollo really did resemble a mad man, an animal! His guards shuddered then nodded their heads before making a swift exit in single file.

Phoebus lingered behind the door and as the last of the spooked guards departed he gently knocked on the ministers door, dread present on his face. A few seconds after knocking, he leaned his head around the door frame and saw a discontented Frollo rubbing his eyes as he turned toward the window.

Phoebus cleared his throat "y-you wanted to see me separately sir?" He stated sternly but still managing to stutter, his hands behind his back

"Ah Captain yes I did as a matter of fact. These men have no stamina or gumption! They need to be taught how to do their jobs properly. How to follow simple orders! An easy job I suspect for a man of your caliber?" Frollo pricked up his eyes and began to circle Phoebus as he stood up tall at the front of his desk.

"Yes of course sir I'll...do what I can" Phoebus's brow grew a thin layer of sweat as he felt Frollo breath down his neck with frustration.

"And I'm sure what you can do will...let's say...whip my men into shape?!...is that clear captain?" He questioned, a devious motive lingering in his eyes.

"You have my word sir" Phoebus replied earnestly.

"I'm glad that we see eye to eye Phoebus...I know that I can fully rely on your tactile attitude to justice. I want all houses, alleys and known hideouts inspected and guarded night and day captain! We can't go having the witch thinking on escaping at night when she thinks it to be safe! When she is caught, I want her bright directly to me, alive!" Pressing his fingers together and pushing his shoulders back, Frollo commanded the room. Phoebus felt small in such circumstances. A brewing feeling of what be right and wrong weighed his conscience.