1 | The Life of Eloise Clemonte

ELOISE'S POV

My name is Eloise Clemonte and I am 27 years old. I have no idea who gave birth to me since I was raised in an orphanage. I don't know if my parents were dead or alive and I have no intention of looking up for them.

Why should I even care for someone who abandoned me when I was a child?

Knowing that I have nobody I can depend on, I was determined to do something about my life and study hard for my own future. I never knew the beauty of being a child nor being a teenager since I'm constantly busy preparing my future life in advance.

Now, as an adult, I managed to establish a world scale corporation with over 100 branch offices throughout the world. With all the money and power I've obtained, I still feel like my life lack of something important.

Those feelings will only fade once I indulge myself in a never-ending pile of work or when I get too drunk to even function. Sometimes I do have fun with the people I find soothing to be with.

Growing up without any interaction with the opposite sex, my feelings were trained to love women rather than men. Of course, at first I feel that something was wrong with me since I was raised in an orphanage owned by the church, but, now that I am an adult, I don't see any mistake or wrongdoing in my choices anymore.

Love is love after all.

I heard a knock on my door before my personal assistant turned the knob and enter.

"Are you going home or should I ask someone to prepare your bed upstairs?" Luna, my assistant asked.

I just came back from Germany for one of my usual conferences but, because of the piles of work that building up from my week-long travel, I have to finish everything by tonight. Looking at the reports I need to finish on my desk, I sigh.

"I'm going to put an all-nighter tonight." Luna seems worried all of the sudden.

"You need some time to sleep as well, you're not a robot El." Luna always called me by my nickname whenever we're alone.

We actually went to the same university and even graduated at the same time. I wouldn't be able to be who I am now without her parents' help, financially speaking though.

I don't know why she decided to be my assistant rather than being one of the departments head.

"I'm going to be fine. You should go home. I bet that little gremlin of yours has been waiting for her mother to come home since forever." She gave me a sigh.

"I'll ask the maids to prepare your dinner. Please, at least eat your dinner." I saluted. She was shaking her head at my response.

"Before I forget, tomorrow we have a meeting with all department head. There are issues with the accounting department." Issues? That's odd.

"Alright. Good night Luna." She gave me a smile before closing the door. I continued to do my work for a while before a maid walked in with my dinner. I thanked her and enjoyed my dinner while looking at the city lights.

To have such view from my office windows, I am truly living the life I always wanted when I was growing up in the orphanage. None of the people who took care of me ever expected that a loner like myself even manage to have such life.

"I was right, you're still working." That voice. I turned my rotating chair and face the person walking into my office.

"Wait, I thought you have a conference in New York. What are you doing here?" I asked with my mouth full.

"It's not polite to speak with your mouth full, geez." She went to grab a napkin and wipe my mouth.

"It ends today. I should be home by tomorrow but I took the liberty to use the company's jet. I hope it's okay." She what?