5 | Primrose

ELOISE'S POV

"What did Thomas do to you?" I asked Claire when we're alone.

"He wanted his name to be in my parents will but he doesn't want my parents to know about it at all. El, he wants everything that I have. You think I'll just stand there, do nothing?" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Now that's a man this world has nowadays. What will you do about it? Should I talk to him?" I offered.

"Nah, I'll handle it myself, don't worry. I have to go now, there's a client waiting for me." I grabbed on Claire's wrist before she turned her heels.

"What is it?" She asked before I pointed at my cheek. She blushed immediately when she realized what I want.

"You do realize that she's going to be married off to Thomas right?" Luna asked the obvious question.

"So? I don't mind being her mistress." Claire pushed me away.

"I don't plan on having a mistress. Don't get your hopes up, Eloise. You know, sometimes I just think that we're only your go-to lady when things don't get your way." That's a mean thing to say!

I let go of her hand and watched her hips sway left to right as she walks away.

"Please stop drooling. She may be your ex but that doesn't mean you can do all those couple stuff with her again. Anyway, I have a message from mother." I froze when I heard the word mother.

Knowing that it's not going to be a good news. I stood up from the couch and went to the whiskey decanter at the mini bar and pour myself a hefty amount of whiskey.

"She wants us to go home tomorrow night. Well, I'll be going with my husband and daughter of course. It's our usual family dinner. You know the drill." Of course, I do, she always wanted me to bring my significant other.

I chug my whiskey to every last drop. God! That was horrible but it gets the stress out.

"What did she say this year?" I asked. Luna cleared her throat.

"Tell that daughter of mine that she needs to bring her significant other tomorrow or I'll find a suitable match for the many daughters my friend has." We both laughed when she's done impersonating our mother.

"Serious now, do you wish for our mother to find you, someone, to marry? You know her taste, it's going to be someone so high maintenance that even your wallet can't keep up with it." I sighed.

Honestly, I don't know what to do.

"She can do whatever she wants. I owe her that much after all." I remembered something important.

"Will she be there as well?" I asked Luna about our older sister. She nodded. Damn it! I thought she's going to be busy!

"She's probably going with her husband as well. Why? Don't you want to meet her?" I looked away.

"Not really. I rather die than meeting her." Luna chuckled.

"Oh come on, don't be such a baby. She's just acting like a sister. I'm sure she's not going to be like she was before." But this is Viola we're talking about here.

She will always be that way! I sighed.

"She doesn't mean any harm. You know how she acts, she's the type of person who easily feels pity for others." Yea, she's right, but still.

We both heard the office phone ringing. Luna went to get it while I pour another glass of whiskey. When Luna came back, she seems happy for some reason.