21 | Viola's Tyranny

VIOLA'S POV

I was looking through my piles work when I heard the stereo playing one of Beyoncé iconic song, Run The World. I placed my fountain pen down and turned to my husband who's also doing his job at his own table.

I specifically made sure that the playlist on the iPod was all classical song that will help me relax while I'm doing my work.

"Don't play dumb. This is your doing, isn't it?" Eric flashes me one of his beautiful smiles before he stood up from his chair and sat on my desk.

"Yes. Because you literally run the office. But, why did you take this position rather than being the president yourself?" Did he just question my decision? I thought he's smart enough to know my plan.

"Are you serious?" I asked him back. He shrugged before I patted his thigh.

"Honey, being the president with my reputation right now would mean a disaster for this country itself. Do you wish to see me die?" He immediately shaking his head no.

"Even with Eloise's connection with the Irisha, they can't stop those reformists from killing me. So, no. I don't wish to live my life with you in fear. Besides, if I am the president, I wouldn't be able to have my freedom."

"Freedom? What more do you wish to do? I thought bringing those Monolith scums was the whole purpose since I leave my post in the minister office." I never knew he's this dense before.

"I want to find Eloise's real parents. She said she doesn't need to know who they are but, I know, deep down, she wishes to know them. From what I've gathered, her biological father actually a member of the Congress office. That's mean he's a congressman, one of your father's lackey if I may add." Eric was nodding while I explaining my findings to him.

"So you wish for my father to help you? Is that what you mean?" Almost, but not like that.

"I want them to feel how it's like to be at the bottom. Do you understand what I'm trying to say here? I want to bring the Larove family down." His eyes widen.

"Wait! Hold on! The Larove?! Are you joking right now? Are you mad? Picking fights with those iron-clad family will only make things worse!" I love him but he's sometimes can be a pussy!

"Being the great great grandson of Kevin Larove, the second born son of the legendary Catherine Larove, he's doing such a great job as a congressman. He's a Larove after all, there's no doubt about that when it comes to work but as a parent, he's such a bad father." Eric was skeptical.

"What are you talking about? He's a fatherly figure for his children's. All of them are raised to be great future leader." I glared at my husband.

"Eric, he's the biological father of Eloise. You know, the same person who throw her away." Eric finally understands me.

"Probably his old girlfriend decision to throw the newborn away." Eric shrugged.

"He's married to his high school sweetheart. That makes it clear that Eloise's mother, is his current wife. Unlike us, they knew each other since high school."

"How did you know all of this?" He asked.

"Never underestimate the power of a woman who's not afraid to speak up her mind. You should be proud that you're married to her." Eric chuckled at my statement.

"Yes ... and I'll be prouder if we produce another generation of Viola and Eric Breton." He kissed me on the lips before his hands accidentally touched the paper I was working on.

He was shocked when he read it.

"You did a DNA test without everyone's approval, isn't it? You used Luna's authority again, didn't you?" I shrugged my shoulder as my answer.