16 | The Perfect Man

CLAUDETTE'S POV

"Looks like everything is improving. Your blood test, physical test and even complexion are getting better." The hunk doctor said as he's done with his daily examination. I never met such a heartthrob doctor before.

Well, to be fair, all the doctor I'm seeing was a woman.

"Doctor ... Stanley."

"Yes, ma'am." He smiled.

"If I may be frank, how much is my hospital bill? I know Miss Clemonte said to not tell me but, I have my own right to know, yes? Please, tell me, how much?" The handsome doctor sighed before smiling at me.

"To be honest, I can't say anything but you're right, you m do have the right to know. Roughly, from the bills I've seen earlier, over $30,000. Miss Clemonte request for the best treatment money could buy and this room, it was for the VVIP. A night in this room alone cost over $900." My eyes widen.

$30K?! For real?! I can't even afford to pay for the room alone!

"Anyway, if your health improving way better than it is now, you will be discharged by next week. Have a lot of rest and don't worry about a thing, okay? This is the safest hospital in the world since Miss Clemonte asked the special forces to guard it against... you know who." She did what?!

Special forces?!

"Have a good day." He smiled.

Oh God ... my heart fluttered whenever he gave me with that smile. Before the doctor could open the door, my sister, Rebecca beat him to it and he was surprised him as well.

"I'm sorry." She apologized as she watched the doctor walked out from my room.

"That's the hottest doctor I've ever seen! I want to get sick now. Get off from the bed!" I gave her the look before she took a seat on the chair next to my bed.

"How's Nia?" I asked.

"She's fine. That Jonathan boy went to play with her every day. She's in a great mood even though you're not there. Also, mom said Nia needs your breastmilk." She patted the breast pump bag she carried with a smile.

"Did Eloise came today?" I shake my head no.

"She said she's busy with work." Rebecca clicked her tongue.

"And I thought she's serious about making you her real lover." Huh? What did she say?

"Real lover?" She nodded.

"Don't you get it? All the stuff she's doing for you, isn't that love? She pays for everything, she cares, she took care of Roger for you, isn't enough to get through your skull? Or don't you see it since she's a woman and you only like men?" Whoa whoa whoa!

That's too sudden for me to process. Where did all of this came from?

"I only see her as a friend and a boss. That's it. And we have a contract. Isn't that why she's being nice to me?" Rebecca faces palm herself.

"How can I have such a dense sister like you?! Didn't you know that Eloise paid for Ruth's medical fee as well? She's in this hospital you know. Oh ... and it's a boy." Wait, Ruth gave birth? With a boy?!

"Eloise did that? Why would she ..." come to think about it, she often comes here after work. Is that her way of showing affection?

"Don't tell me you have a crush on the doctor? What about Eloise?" Huh? On the doctor? Nonsense.

"I don't have a crush on the doctor." I stuttered. Wait, why am I stuttering?

"See, your action speaks a thousand words. If you don't like Eloise, don't give her such false hope. She's trying hard to win your attention." Is she? I don't even notice it. To be honest, my heart fluttered every time the doctor came.