6 | Claudette's Misfortune

CLAUDETTE'S POV

"Do you need my help for packing?" I asked my husband while I'm breastfeeding Herminia.

"There's no need. Just take care of her. I can do this myself." He said with his back facing me. Hmm, that's a lot of casual clothes rather than work clothes, I am beginning to feel suspicious.

"How long will you be gone?" I asked, just to make sure.

"2 weeks. There's a few of us. Will you be staying at your parent's house?" I don't know though. I think I'll be okay alone but then, living alone can be quite ... frightening.

"I think I'm going to live with my parents. Dad can send me to my office as well." That way I don't need any money for Uber.

"I'll send you to their house tomorrow before going to the airport then. Maybe your dad can send me to the airport and I'll leave my car at his home." That's a good idea.

I nodded while smiling at him.

He smiled back at me before packing again. Wow, I never thought I'll ever see those smiles again. I heard his phone ringing but he ignores it after seeing who's calling. He ended up turning his phone off before he walked towards me.

I was weirded out when he kneeled in front of me, rubbing Herminia's head as she breastfeeds.

"I'm sorry, for what I've done to you. I was such a horrible husband, I hurt you, I even made you cry countless of times. I'm sorry for ever yelling at you, I'm sorry for everything. I want to apologize before going on this trip since my parents told me how bad I was found to you. I just can't go to my trip with this ache in me." Oh dear God, this is so not my husband.

"What you did with the bank, the store, I know it's my fault. If I just gave you enough money for Herminia's need, you wouldn't be targeted by the police everywhere you go now." That was a dumb move I made myself.

Yes, it's partly his fault but, it's too late now.

After making sure Herminia has fallen asleep, I went to her crib and carefully place her inside. I don't know if I should just forgive him for what he had done to me But whatever happens, he's still my husband and I am his wife.

"You're forgiven," I said before packing my own stuff and Herminia's as well. He chuckled before hugging me from behind.

"Thank you. I love you, Claudette." Those words ... it's been so long since he said those words to me.

"Whats wrong Roger? You're not yourself. You know you can always talk to me about it. I'm all ears." He sighed heavily before giving me a peck on my cheek.

"It's my own fault and I want to solve it myself. You have your own work to worry about. Besides, Herminia needs our attention, right? Let's raise her to be a wonderful person in the future." He's slowly back to his old self again.

This is the man I married years ago, the loving, kind-hearted man I have fallen for in high school.

"Claudette, after I'm back from my trip, let's go for a short getaway. Just us both, okay?" Huh? He let go of me before facing me again.

"Can I borrow some money?" Huh?

"What?"

"May I borrow some money? You just had your first paycheck right, may I?" What the?! HE JUST RUINS THE MOMENT!

"How much?" I asked while puffing my cheek.

"Few hundred? If you have any now." Few hundreds?! What am I? Made of money?! I sighed heavily.