Three

Serena

Darrien had rushed out the room a few minutes ago. I was worried he seemed really hot and flustered.
"Serena, he's been gone awhile hasn't he?" Joeri asked. I could feel some fear from him.
"yeah, I think he's tired" Cameryn replied. I looked out the window I couldn't see him he'd moved from the pole a minute ago and I was hoping he was coming inside.

Suddenly I heard him shout something but I wasn't sure what.
"guys! Did you hear that?!"
"yeah, do you think he's in trouble?"
"don't tell me Darrien's Dad is back" Cameryn sighed angrily "great, this is just fabulous!" she announced sarcastically.
"let's go. If his Dad is as stubborn as I remember we'll have some serious work ahead of us" Joeri announced. We moved outside quickly to find Darrien being held back by some guy and his Dad seemed to be enjoying himself a little too much.

"are you going to repent after all the destruction you caused? If you your sentence might be more...lenient"
"I'm not evil! Don't you listen to reason?!" I watch their argument go back and forth as did the rest of the Taroites watching. People were almost laughing.
"why are they smiling?" I asked. Cameryn sighed.
"they must think Darrien is trying to save his own skin and that he doesn't really care at all"
"so...the more he argues against what his Dad is saying..."
"the less they believe him. It's completely pointless to argue he's just making things worse" Joeri added. I looked over to him. He seemed pretty used to this situation.
"well, I'm helping Darrien"
"are you crazy?!" Cameryn cried "it's almost suicide to get involved now!"
"I don't care. He's my friend I need to help him" I walked over and Cameryn grabbed my arm.
"please don't we can't help you if you get involved"
"sorry, but I have to"

I walked over and stood in between Darrien and his Dad.
"stop this!" I cried. Darrien seemed to calm down a little seeing me.
"listen Miss Dew" his Dad replied "you have no idea all the pain he's caused if you did you, like any other Spirit element would enforce justice"
"it's true that Spirit elements usually do that. Here's the thing I know exactly what he has and hasn't done"
"and you're still defending him?"
"yes. Yes I am."
"then he's tricked you"
"no! he hasn't!" I shook my head in disbelief "listen to me all of you! Don't you think there has been enough suffering here?! Why cause even more?!" Darrien's Dad shook his head and gestured to a woman off in the corner before I could react she grabbed me. Darrien gasped and pulled harder, all the while glaring at his father furiously.
"sorry miss Dew. We'll fix whatever he managed to do to you soon"

Is this guy insane? What does he think? Darrien mind controlled me or something?! I thought angrily.
"you've even managed to corrupt a Spirit element that's an impressive feat"
"oh come on!" I cried "does it look like I'm 'corrupted' to you?" he just ignored me. This...is getting ridiculous! Darrien watched as I struggled to loosen the lady's grip on me "Let go of me!"

Darrien

"Let go of me!" Serena cried.
"Serena! Dad please leave her alone!" I shook my head angrily. There was nothing I could do. He wouldn't listen to what I had to say and if I fought back he would use it as proof.

I remembered something mum told me.
Not everything needs to be solved with fighting.

Huh? What do you mean?

People fight when they feel afraid and what have I told you about fear Darrien?

"...Fear is only what we make it. I remember mum..."
"what?" my dad asked he seemed confused.
"not everything has to be solved with fighting! People fight when they're scared and people are always scared of the unknown! You don't understand me so you're scared of me but if you took the chance to hear me speak and understand what I'm saying I mean actually listen...you wouldn't be afraid anymore..."
"stop talking such nonsense"
"really? You're calling mum's words nonsense?" Dad jumped "that's right. I still remember everything my mum told me!" the man holding had loosened his grip enough that I could break free people started to back away.