30. Challenges

"Dragons?" exclaimed Sirius and Remus together at the next training session.

"Are you sure?" asked Remus.

"Hermione," said Harry sarcastically, "Were those dragons or gerbils that we saw yesterday?"

"Hm," said Hermione with a smirk, "They are hard to distinguish. Perhaps we should use a pensieve to review the memory."

"All right," said Sirius, "I can't believe Dumbledore wouldn't tell us!"

"He thinks we'd help Harry," said Lupin.

"As if the other headmasters aren't helping their champions!" said Sirius.

"D-Dragons?" said Ginny, while Neville was just silent and pale.

"Yes, Dragons," yelled Harry, getting annoyed.

Hermione said, "All we need is a strategy."

"Why doesn't Harry just summon his firebolt and outfly the thing?" asked Ginny.

"That might work," said Sirius, "but it would be dangerous."

"I lost my Nimbus last year!" protested Harry. "I don't want my firebolt getting burned! I'm sure I can do something else! What has all this training been for?"

"You've been training to fight wizards not dragons," said Lupin. "Most spells won't go through a dragon's scales."

"...and if you managed it," said Hermione, "That would be showing your powers."

"Of course," said Sirius, "if you aim your wand at its eyes, you could probably defeat it without getting people suspicious."

Harry smiled at this, "As long as I'm pointing my wand, nobody will suspect I'm not using it. The question is; what should I do to the dragon that will be the most fun?"

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

After they'd come up with a strategy, the normal training began. A few hours after it was over (it was a Sunday, so there were no classes), Harry and Hermione were in the library doing their homework. They'd just finished a history essay for Professor Brooks, when Hermione got up from their table, saying, "I've got to use the loo. I'll be right back."

"Have fun," Harry said sarcastically. He then decided to call up one of the books Dumbledore had let them copy on his laptop to do a bit of reading while Hermione was gone when none other than Fleur Delacour sat in Hermione's recently vacated seat.

"'Ello 'Arry, 'ow good too see you again!" she said cheerfully.

At that moment Harry heard a click and said, "Did you hear that?"

"I only 'eard my 'eart beating faster for you!" she said.

Harry was getting annoyed. "Er, Fleur, you're in Hermione's chair..."

"Why would you be interested in zat little girl when you can 'ave me. I'm not only a much more beautiful woman than zat little bookworm, but I am part Veela," she said as seductively as possible, although she appeared to be getting frustrated.

Harry noticed her frustration and said, "You may have noticed, but I am immune to your Veela charms. I found that out at the world cup."

"Even if that magic doesn't vork on the brave, handsome, powerful 'Man Who Lived,' I do have other charm as well."

"Maybe you do, but I AM NOT INTERESTED!!! Maybe you should try your charms on Krum instead! His team had Veelas for their mascots at the game. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

"Fine," said Fleur proudly while getting up, "Iv you want to play, 'ard to get,' I'll go along, although I don't see why you waste time vith that plain girl. I know you want me!" She finally walked off. She didn't notice the evil gleam in Harry's eye.