41. Finding A Horcrux

The door to the Room of Requirement opened, and both the potions and defense teacher walked in. It was a Saturday morning, a week after the second task. They chuckled when they saw that the room had the same swimming pool it had contained when Harry had learned the clue to the egg. They walked to the edge of the pool and were slightly surprised by what they saw in the water.

Instead of just seeing Harry and Hermione snogging, enjoying the affects of gillyweed, they saw Neville and Ginny in another part of the pool doing the same thing. "I really ought to get Professor Brooks to come here," said Sirius with a grin.

"As long as Tonks comes too," said Remus. Recently they had admitted their feelings and were now a couple.

A few comfortable chairs appeared for the men as Sirius said, "Might as well be comfortable while we wait."

About fifteen minutes later, the teenagers started emerging from the pool one by one as the gillyweed wore off. Neville was the first one out of the water. He looked at the teachers and paled. "Er, um, are you gonna take house points for this 'cause I'm, er, sor..."

"We ought to give you house points for finding this creative way to snog," said Sirius with a chuckle.

Neville blushed as Ginny came out of the pool. "Hello professors."

"Hi Ginny," said Lupin.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Harry and Hermione were soon to follow, and then they went to their respective changing rooms where they made sure to put on their armor as well as regular clothes. When they were fully dressed, the pool disappeared and was replaced by a few couches. The couples sat in them and faced the professors. "So, what's up guys?" said Harry.

Sirius leaned closer toward them looking excited. "Professor Dumbledore has found a location that he believes contains a Horcrux, and he's agreed to let Harry and Hermione come with us."

The mentioned teenagers looked excited while the other two looked slightly disappointed. Moony saw those expressions and said, "Ginny, Neville; it was hard to convince him to let those two come with us when he knows that they're more powerful than any of us. He's never seen you two dueling, and he knows how both Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Longbottom would react to you going Horcrux hunting."

"What about Hermione's parents?" asked Ginny.

"They trust Harry and me," said Hermione.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

A few minutes later, Professors Dumbledore, Lupin, Black, and Brooks were in the headmaster's office with Harry and Hermione. They were all seated on conjured chairs and wearing muggle clothing as Dumbledore explained the situation.

"As you already know, I believe that I've discovered the location of another Horcrux. It is the remains of the orphanage where Voldemort was raised."

"You found it?" asked Professor Brooks, appearing to be astonished. "I couldn't."

"I had the advantage of having visited the orphanage myself when I personally delivered Tom Riddle's Hogwarts letter. Although I must admit, it was hardly recognizable. I didn't get the chance to visit the location until after the second task, but when I did visit it, I detected magical protection."

"Which led you to believe Voldemort is hiding something there," said Sirius.

"Yes," said Dumbledore. "I also believe that Mr. Potter and Miss Granger have earned the right to accompany us. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to duel either of you two."