{22} After All These Years, We Finally Meet Again

🌹Chapter Twenty-two🌹
After All These Years, We Finally Meet Again

"It's Been A Few Years, Without You, My Love. And I'll Tell You All About It When I See You Again.."

   The moon has just risen and took its place in the sky, shining on the grains of sand and making them glitter. Arriving at the gates of my home which I've oh so missed, the guards asked for an identification and I gave it to them, their eyes opened wide as they realized who it was and called someone..
"Please, ma'am, wait here." They asked, "Okay.." I replied awkwardly and stood there and waited,
"Oh.. my.. GOD! (Y/N), is that you!?"
"Yep, that's her..." I heard two familiar voices.
"Temari, Kankuro?" I asked looking at them, they both gave me a hug, "We missed you!!!" The cried.
"I missed you guys too..." I hugged them back.
"We have a surprise, close your eyes..." Temari said.
"Okay." I closed my eyes.
    After minutes of walking with my eyes closed, we finally came to a stop.
"Gaara, you have a visitor!" Temari yelled and Kankuro chuckled, thinking about his reaction. "You can open your eyes now.." They whispered, I slowly fluttered open my eyes, to see Gaara before me.
"(Y-Y/N)..?" He asked,
"Gaara.." I muttered his name.
"Kazekage Gaara you mean, we'll give you two long lost lovebirds some privacy.." Temari said, dragging Kakuro out and shut the door..
    We stood there in silence, I looked at him from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet; He grow taller, his cold gaze became softer, his spiked crimson hair grew out, he looked so different than four years ago.
"So, you're addressed Kazekage Gaara now, huh?" I asked, "Yeah..." He said simply, I looked around the room to see a picture frame with him, Naruto and the others, "So you and Naruto are friends now?" I asked,
"Yeah, The Leaf and The Sand are allies, it doesn't make sense that the Kazekage and the 'soon to be' Hokage are holding strong grudges. And plus, we had to join forces in a war two years ago so we had to make it work..."
He replied.
"Oh..." We locked eyes for a long while until he held his hand out to me, I took his hand and he pulled me into a hug, whispering a soft 'I missed you' into my ear.
"I- I missed you too.." I stuttered out as I sobbed in his arms.
"I'm sorry..." I said as I cried on his shoulder, "What for?" He asked, "You know, for-" just like last time, I was cut off by a kiss, like last time.
"It's not your fault, really it wasn't..." He forgave me, I buried my face into his chest and held him tightly as though we weren't gonna see each other again..
"This is an opportunity to start over, don't you think so?" He asked, wiping the tears from my eyes, making me look up to him. He pressed his forehead against mine, killing the guilt that held me bound for all those years.. "Yeah, it is.." I replied, holding his hand tightly..

🏡At Home🏡

"Mom, Dad, little bro? I'm home!" I yelled as I stepped into the living room, "This place never changed a bit.."
I thought looking around, The atmosphere was still quiet, the room was still painted in the same old sandy color, the appliances and furniture left unturned, the living room still had the same big portrait of my mother, my father, my brother and I over the fireplace. My little brother stepped out.
"Big sis? Is that you?" He asked, stepping closer. "Yes, it's me. Long time no see, huh?" I replied, he ran up to me and gave me a hug.
"I missed you so much!" He said, "I missed you too," I hugged back. "looks like you've gotten taller.." I commented, "Almost taller than me.." I giggled,
"Hehehe, yeah.. I'm Chunin now!" He boasted.
"Really? I'm sorry I never got to see you play.."
"Remember that boy who used to make fun of me?"
"Um, (Bully Name)?" I guessed. "Yeah, him. I beat that sucker to the dirt!"
"I know you would've kicked his butt one day!"
"Let me call mom and dad." He ran into their bedroom.
"Okay.."
"Mom, Dad, (Y/N)'s here!"
"Really?" I heard my father say, they hoped out their bed and dashed out the room, "Oh my gosh!" My mother exclaimed, thrilled at my arrival. "Hey mom and dad.." I greeted with a smile, they came up and hugged me, "Look at you, you look just like your mother.." Dad complimented, "How was your training?" Mom asked,
"It was great, I can do this," I made a hand sign which made vines of roses pierce through the floor, circling around me. "Cool!" My brother applauded, "Beautiful.." My mother applauded as well, "For your return, let's celebrate!" My father said, and we did so.