{27} Salt On Old Wounds

🌹Chapter 27🌹
Salt On Old Wounds

"You got yourself a deal." I said.

"Before we battle,"

Ochita started,

"We won't want to have distractions, do we?"

She locked Gaara and the others out by forming an unbreakable forcefield with a slight tint of crimson.
"(Name)!!" Gaara and his siblings yelled as they banged on the forcefield, "I'll be okay, I promise!" I turned to them and said.
I started up my chakra, roses grew rapidly out of the ground, I dashed at her and used the vines to boost myself.
I pulled out two specially designed two-sided kunai and sliced at her, she parried with the Rosé Sword, she shoved me backwards, I jumped back on the thickened thorn and it sent me right towards her.
I spun around, forming a small tornado with grains of sand and blood red sakura petals, she deflected and sent me skyward, 'She's only defending, I should try attacking from behind..'
I thought. I made a sand clone and send it down, making her think it was me, I then stealthily landed behind her and kicked her, she turned around and gave me a slice to my side.

"Do you really think I was born yesterday or the day before? But I like your thinking, congratulations for that. Did Kōri teach you that?"

The ivory haired woman said, "Yes, she did.."
You split your vines as thin as needles at send them at her, swiftly, she sliced most of them while some cut her. "So tell me," I started, "what made you the way you are today?" I asked.

"What made me what I am today, do you really want to know!?"

"Listening to your point of view solves everything.. I can even save you, I don't wanna kill you!" She lifted the eye patch from her eye, the white part of her eye was black and there was no pupil, just a rose slowly rotating itself.
As I stared deeper into her eye, my surroundings turned pitch black, Gaara and the others were gone. It was just you, in darkness..

"I call this 'Alice In Wonderland' what you see, is what made me who I am..." Ochita said in the background.

    A scene appeared before me, a little girl crying, traumatized by what happened before her. Her loved ones' blood splattered across the floor like spilled milk, their bodies lying lifelessly on the floor as their killer laughed  hysterically.

"I was only six years old when my family was taken from me.. That night I was out practicing to become the best ninja in the entire world, yes that was my dream.."

The assassin took her right eye, she had enough adrenaline pumping through her veins to put up a fight, she kicked him away, he then left her there.. "WHYYYY!!?" she little girl cried out as she held the place where her eye went as it oozed out blood..

"People distanced themselves from me, not wanting to have a single thing to do with me. Nothing could explain the pain I felt deep within my heart, I suffer from asphyxia as I even think about what happened to me.."

Six years later, it was the graduation exam. She tried to make a shadow clone but failed, the class laughed at her effort to make a shadow clone jutsu, "Haha!"
"Is that a shadow clone jutsu!?"
"And you want to be the best shinobi the world has ever known!?"
"Oh, please.." She ran out of the classroom and sat on the swing under the shady tree.

"I was made fun of and humiliated by my fellow classmates. For the graduation exams, I tried to make a shadow clone but failed, they criticized me and unable to bare it, I ran outside and sat on the swing.."

A lady appeared to young Ochita, it was Kōri. "Little girl, why are you crying?"
"I won't be able graduate because I can't make a proper clone and the other kids laugh at me.."
"You know, you are special, right?"
"What makes you think that? I'm nothing.."
"That's not true, Ochita. You have a very special and historical jutsu nobody else but you and me and a few others have.. You are special, I will train you just in time for the chunine exams.."
"Okay, I'll go and prove all of them wrong!"
"We have to ask your parents first.."
"I don't have any parents.."
"Okay, let's go."

"That day, I met Kōri. She told me I was special more than anyone I ever knew I decided to go with her.."

Young Ochita and Kōri set off on their journey to the temple. For sleepless days Ochita trained even though her older sisters advised her to get rest.

"I trained with my new found powers to the point where I can't even move my limbs, I was so eager to get revenge on those who look down upon me, hurt me mentally, physically and emotionally.."

A year later, a few days away from the chunin exams. She looked completely different, not like the shy helpless little girl she once was, but cold cruel..

"I've learnt everything, I secretly learned forbidden skills and stole the Rozū sword the night before the graduation ceremony, eager to taste the sweetness of revenge.."

Ochita didn't bother to ask to redo the genuine exams, she didn't care about that..
She didn't need a headband to prove she was a shinobi.

"The second exams, at the forest of death, I slain those whom made fun of me, who hurt me.. But I was stopped by Kōri and Sarutobi..
They sealed me away, forever and alone."

    In the real world, buckets of tears ran down my (Skin color) cheeks..

"All I wanted.. Was to prove them wrong was to Make them look up to me." She whimpered.

I went up to her and slapped her across her face. "Gaara was alone, Naruto was just like you! You don't have to do this, you can have another chance! I said this to Gaara a billion times; I may not know what you feel.. But I understand your pain! Ochita Hoshi means fallen star, sometimes I feel like I fell from the sky and I don't belong." She sliced me across my side and kicked on the same spot, I clutched onto my stomach in pain as blood poured onto the floor. Ochita pointed the tip of her sword to my neck, then turned it to her stomach.

"I don't.. Deserve a second chance.."

"Ochita, No!!" Though I was weak, I still managed to move and run towards her, but I was not fast enough.
She impaled herself with the sword, when she fell, I caught her in my arms and hugged her. She faded away into rose petals, leaving the sword in my hands, I cried.
"I could've saved you, you were right, I was selfish to leave them behind like that without trying to save them and I'm sorry, I've caused people a lot of pain too! It was hard, but I always looked on the bright side of everything.." The forcefield faded, Gaara and the others ran in.
"(Y/N).." Gaara embraced you, "Gaara, it's my fault, it's all my fault.. I could've saved her, I could've saved them.." I cried into his shoulder. "(Name)!" I heard a familiar voices call out to me. It was my brother and my two other partners, I ran and hugged all three of them. "Sis.." My brother hugged me back, "(Y/N).." my two partners hugged me.. Konohamaru was swarmed with hugs from his allies, he then came up to you.
"Thank you for saving me," he said shyly.
"No problem, Konohamaru!" I ruffled his hair.

🌹🌹🌹

    I stood there and looked at the shrine, I made a bouquet of roses and rested them at the shrine, I clasped my hands together to pray, "May your soul rest in peace."
"(Name)," Gaara called,
"C'mon, (Name)!" My brother said, "Let's go home.." My partners said.
"Don't tell me you're gonna stay here forever.." Temari rolled her eyes. "I'm coming!" I ran up to them and began to walk home.

🥀🥀🥀