Skyline

Fingers typing furiously, James was focused on the paper he was trying to cram. He was stupid to think that he could finish it in a few hours.

He was in the middle of the Results and Discussion part when he heard something fall behind him. He turned around to see someone else's chair on the floor.

Sighing, he tried to go back to his work, but it was too late.

His train of thought was already cut. He couldn't remember what he was trying to write.

He was stressed.
He needed a breather.

He stood up and went the hall.

He was in the Study Hall of his condo, on the top floor of the building, with a view of the city on one side, and the bay on the other.

It was a nice view. It was one of the reasons he chose that condo.

One of them.

The other being that it was next to her school, and a few blocks away from his. 

Her.

Nadine.

The person who brought colors into his life.

Everything used to be in a blur.

A mixture of black and white and grey.

But when she came into his life, colors came and he was blinded yet amazed at the sight of it.

He changed.

For the better.

But now, she's on the other side of the world.

She's happy.

That's what he believes. It's what he'd like to believe.

It's not like he still has contact with her.

She isn't his.

But he'll always be hers.

Always.