Running in the Rain

They were never the usual couple.

Movies, Television shows, Concerts, Merch, Endorsements. It was impossible for someone in the Philippines not to know them. Everyone knew them.

Not trying to boast or anything, but they were huge stars.

They're not someone who could just stroll around in a park or a mall without anyone noticing or recognizing them.

It's not a secret how they both want to try to be a normal couple.

So he decided to do something, reminiscent of their OTWOL, Manila segment days. A trip around Manila. This time, where couple usually have their dates.

Since Nadine had a shoot at Conrad Hotel at sunrise that day, the plan was to surprise her by having breakfast in their buffet and then go to Ocean Park, a short stroll across Luneta to the National Museums, Paco Park, Manila Bay to watch the sunset and then dinner at the floating Harbor View Restaurant which was right beside Ocean Park.

Even better, these places were of walking distance of one another. And to maximize the experience, he decided that he'll leave their car at Ocean Park.

So when the day of the date came, he made sure he had everything prepared. Dinner and breakfast reservations, Ocean Park tickets, extra clothes for the both of them (especially her since she'll most likely be wearing a dress for the shoot). He even pretended to be asleep when she left early that morning. He wanted the date to be perfect.

Come 7 in the morning, he had already arrived at Conrad, parking their car, waiting for her to finish. When he got her text saying that she was already done and they were just packing up, he went up to the lobby to surprise her with the flowers he had brought prior.

Jelly immediately saw him.

"Ayyyyy, si Kuya may pa-flowers!"

Barbie, who also saw James laughed and added, "Ang taray talaga ni Ate Nadeng, oh!"

When she saw him, Nadine raised her brow and walked towards him.

"What are you doing here?" James smirked, gave her the flowers which she gladly accepted and held her waist. "I'm here because I'm taking my sweetie baby wifey on a date."

Nadine raised both her eyebrows this time, obviously getting the OTWOL reference. Even the way he had put his hands on her waist reminded her of Clark Medina.

She decided to join in on whatever game he was playing. "Oh, saan naman tayo mag dadate, hubby?", she said giving him a sweet smile.

"It's a surprise," she pouted but he continued. "First, we'll be having our breakfast here. Brasserie on 3."

"I don't have clothes except my joggers and shoot clothes and," she tried to protest but he interrupted her.

"I brought your clothes. They're in the car." She made a face at him and her team was laughing at her at the back.

They went to the parking to get her clothes and she changed in the restroom. James prepared  James went back to put her clothes back in the car before they went inside the restaurant.

They ate their breakfast without anyone minding them. Their seat was by the window, with a clear view of the bay.

After eating breakfast, they went back to the car and James drove. No matter how much she asked, he just kept saying they were near.

They stopped at Ocean park.

She didn't know how to react. She wanted to go in but also, it's a public place and she's sure their date would be all over social media later.