Gym Day

I look at the guy doing explosive pull-ups in front of me again.

He has that body that makes just want stare at him all day. It's very intimidating and well, hot.

After a few moments of shamelessly staring at him, I realized he was looking at me. Immediately, I looked away.

I stopped what I was doing and decided it was time to go home. I looked over to Kiana who was beside me planking on the floor and poked her.

She looked at me, and I nodded my head. It was a signal that I wanted to go home. She sighed before picking up her mat and together, we went to the changing room together.

Once inside, she turned to face me, "Hey, I was watching you. I saw everything."

I turned away, pretending to look for something in my bag, "What do you mean? Did I do something?"

She pointed her finger at me. "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about."

I looked at her and held my hands up. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

She laughed at made a face at me before she started fixing her bags. After a few moments, she sighed. "I know you hate hearing me talk about this, but Nadine, it's time you look for someone new. What happened isn't your fault. We're here to help you get over it. You - "

"Deserve to be happy," I cut her off. "I know the speech, Ki. I get it, but I'm not yet ready."

She just sighed again before looking at me.

"Let's go?" She asked. I nodded.

...

"Mommy! Mommy! I got a star!"

I smiled and bent down to reach for Sofia when I saw her running towards me.

She hugged me when she reached me, and I laughed.

"How was your first day in school, baby?"

"It was nice, mommy. A lot of my classmates cried because they missed their mommies but I didn't! We also colored fruits today! I was the first one to finish, and that's why I got a star!"

I laughed and embraced her again. "I'm proud of you, baby!"

She giggled.

I was about to stand up when I heard a guy's laughter just a few feet away from us. I turned to see the guy from the gym in clothes that fit him perfectly. He looked cute wearing a casual outfit of a white shirt and some pants. The glasses made him look even hotter than he was in the gym though.

I probably stared at him too long because he turned to me and smiled.

I was about to say something, but Sofia tapped my shoulders making me turn towards her. She held up her arms, so I stood up and carried her.

When I turned towards the guy again, I squealed when I almost hit him since he was already behind me.

"Hey!" He greeted me before awkwardly chuckling and scratching the back of his head.

I smiled.

"Hello."

"Teacher! This is my mommy!" Sofia interrupted.

My eyes widened and he laughed.

"Hello there Sofia's mom." He raised his eyebrow as if asking a question.

"Nadine," I answered and smiled.

"Hello, too Sofia's teacher."

He laughed.

"It's James."

I smiled again.

He held his hand out and I shook it.

I was about to pull my hand back but he wouldn't let it go. I looked at him and he said, "So, do you want to go to Mcdonalds for some lunch with little Fia?"

Smiling, I nodded.