Match

I laid on my bed, tired after spending the whole day trying on and looking for the perfect prom dress.

Mall after mall. Store after store. Gown after gown. Shoe after shoe.

I was exhausted.

I stood up to get the dress that I bought to hang it outside my closet to admire it before once more before laying on my bed that was just across the closet.

I grabbed my phone that was beside me to start and play some mood music so I could sleep when I received a call. 

James.
My best friend.

"Hey Naddie, I have a question."

I stood up once more to sit on my bed knowing that this would probably be important. James almost never calls. We chat a lot and Facetime each other but we seldom are on call. 

"Shoot."

"What's the color of your prom gown?"

I looked at my gown once again, trying to describe it's color.

"Ummmmm, it's a bit of beige to pastel pink, I think. But why are you asking?"

"Well, we have to match for prom, don't we?"

Wait, what? Did he ask me out? Did I forget something? Why do we have to match? Is there some sort of best friend code that I was not aware of?

It was silent between us for a few seconds before I heard him mumble. 

"Oh shit, I forgot to ask her out..."

It's safe to say that I wasn't able to stop myself from laughing and that I will probably never let him live that down.

...

I don't really remember my source anymore, I'm sorry but I got this prompt from Tumblr again HAHA and I'lll probs get most of them there so