The Initiate.

Chapter 2.

The test will begin shortly, in the meanwhile all of us wait in the hall. Every faction together a rare sight. The Dauntless were shouting and playing cards, the Candor were having a debate but it didn't look serious as they all had a smile on their faces, Erudite were all reading textbooks and quietly discussing them, Amity were laughing and playing a game that involved clapping each others hand and us in Abnegation just quietly waited.

"How are you feeling now?" Asked Cheryl.

"The same as I did a while ago what about you?" I asked.

"Even more scared, scared that I will get factionless as my result." She replied. The factionless are those who don't belong. Anywhere. They do all the jobs nobody else wants to do, bus drivers, janitors those kind of things. "But that's impossible, right?"

"I hope so. What faction do you think you'll get?" I whispered.

"I dunno, Abnegation probably, what about you?" She asked lowering her eyebrows. I look over to Dauntless again, I don't understand what draws me to them: their bravery? Their freedom? I've always thought that they were amazing.

"Dauntless eh? Impressive." Cheryl says softly. But I'm too drawn in observing Dauntless to fully listen.

"?...Sonia Eaton, Ryder Eatess and Maria Ebov." Said a males voice. That caught my attention. It's my turn to go. It's my turn to face up to where I belong. 'Be brave Sonia.' Cheryl smiles to me with her mouth open exposing the gap between her front two top teeth.  I smile back taking a deep breath before walking to the apitude test room.

I was in test room 8. I opened the door to see a young girl, slightly older than me type into a computer.  She had dirty blonde hair that was in a tight ponytail,  a long thin nose, a tattoo of three ravens on her collarbone and she was in black clothing,  she's Dauntless. 

"Hello. I'm Tris and I'll be administrating your apitude test to see which faction you belong to." She says smiling. "If you would like to take a seat please." I sat down on a large recliner chair and looked up to the ceiling that brought in the sun light from outside. The room was very small and the orange lights reflected on to the mirrors and made the walls seem orange. As Tris got closer to me I noticed the tattoo on her collarbone,  the three black ravens.

"What's with the tattoos?" I asked. 

"Each raven represents a member of my family, the one I left behind." She replies smiling. "Eaton is your surname?" She asked applying something to my forehead.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" I say lowering my eyebrows. 

"Oh, it's just that my parents knew your father Marcus. And I know your brother." She explains. I feel the hate at the mention of him my 'brother' my cheeks hotten, but eventually cool dow after realising that she was Abnegation.

"Please can you drink this?" Tris asks handing me a small glass with clear liquid inside.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Bottoms up." She says before puckering her lips. I bring the cool glass to my lips and down the liquid in one. My vision was becoming blurred and I had a dizzy feeling running around my small body. 'Be brave Sonia.'