Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

After we arrive back from the fence we are back to sparring one another. I watch Connor kick Oliver's ass so easily it kind of makes me chuckle a little on the inside. I notice Eric enter the hall and the atmosphere seems to silence including the fights. He moves his stone like eyes through us all making me feel uneasy. Every time I see him I know something bad is going to happen. He smacks the palm of his hands which are dressed in leather gloves together. He looks at me and smiles. My stomach collapses and my suspicions are correct; I know something bad is going to happen. To me...

“Alright lets make things...a little more lively shall we? Ruby against...Lewis.” No, no...Not Lewis he is the largest one here he will kill me. Four lowers his eyebrows in a genuine concerned look.

“Are you nuts Eric?” He asks.

“I'm the leader Four not you. As I have said Ruby and Lewis in the ring now.” Eric says easily toning Four down a peg or two. Lewis is all ready in the ring, today he looks bulkier and taller than I remembered. My mouth is uncomfortably dry. I feel as though I am going to faint. Everyone has their eyes on me, some look concerned, some look scared, some look sympathetic...Jessica has a smile on her face. I make my way to the ring and I try to stare down Lewis in a pathetic attempt to intimidate him.

Then Eric shouts for the match to start and I go in for an elbow to the neck. But I am so easily pushed to the floor which dizzies me, Lewis creeps over my body like a bear and grips the collar of my t-shirt and he picks me up and punches my abdomen several times. My body feels as though a grenade has been unleashed on it. I fall to my knees for a few seconds until I swept up in a headlock and thumped on my spine several times. At this point my tears fall to the white mat, I hear Lewis's heavy breath as he lowers to my position. He punches my jaw and I face the blue lights of the ceiling as my vision begins to blur.

Though I see Four turn his back on me and leave the room. Once again he has abandoned me I am alone. Lewis elbows me in the temple and I am knocked out for good...Despite my body screaming at me not to give up and get to my feet and try one more time. I'm out.