See you in 5 Months- Alex Gaskarth Oneshot

Family members and close friends surrounded me and my 3 other band mates at the airport, getting ready to send us off for a whole 5 months. I was anxious to say the least, but comforted in this moment seeing all these people that care for us, wishing us good luck.

“Alex sweetheart, dont forget to call or at least text us everyday. And please be safe!” my mom came over to me and grabbed me in a tight hug.

“I’ll see you soon, mom. And thanks everyone else for coming!” I let go of my mom and yelled out to the others that were starting to leave, and a second later, my parents left too.

“Did ya forget about me?!”

I heard that familiar voice come from right behind me and smiled as I turned around. My friend of 8 years, Y/N, was the only one remaining that wasn't leaving with us.

“How could I ever forget you, Y/N?” I grabbed her in a big bear hug, enjoying the moment before we had to leave her behind for almost half the year.

She looked up at me while I looked down at her, “You know you guys have been through a lot with the band, you deserve all of this. Have fun and go crazy!” 

“You know we will,” and I knew that that was going to be true, “but I wish somehow you could have been there…you’ve been with the band through all of it as well.” And I knew that that was true too. Y/N was like a puppy, all happy, energetic, and loveable. And the fact that Y/N was so loveable, made it hard whenever we left for band business.

By now we had let go of each other and place ourselves in a small circle with the other guys.

A small beep came from the speakers around the airport and then a woman’s voice was heard: “Flight 119 to Frankfurt, Germany will begin boarding in the next 20 minutes. Passengers, please make sure all bags are checked in and tickets are ready. Thank you.” 

“Well thats our flight,” Zack started, “we better g-”

“BYE Y/N!!!!!!! I DONT WANNA LEAVE YOUUU!!!” Jack cut off Zack and started making a scene in the middle of the airport on purpose and grabbing onto Y/N dramatically.

Y/N shoved off Jack after a few seconds of him fake crying and gave Zack and Rian hugs as well before turning to me once again.

“I’ll miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too, Y/N.”

We hugged for a minute and I gave her a small kiss on the side of her forehead. We let go and I grabbed my guitar case from the ground and started walking away with the guys.

“Have fun!” she waved to all of us before we headed to the security clearance.

I let out a long sigh once me and the guys were on the other side of the security and Y/N was out of sight.

“What’s that about?” Rian asked me.

“Y/N….she’s one of those people that it kills you to leave. It’s funny cause we just left, and………I think I already miss her…” I started scratching my head nervously.

“Come on man, we all know how close you guys are…maybe its time for something more.”

I thought about Rian’s comment for a moment. Maybe it is time for something more. We already do pretty much everything together, why not just add the word “girl” and “boy” in front of “friend”?

Almost as if my mind wasn't working with my body, I found myself pushing back through the security lines and searching for that special friend of mine.

I spotted her in the lineup at a small coffee stand and fast walked towards her, tapping her shoulder from behind her. She turned around and gave me a weird look and was just about to say something before I jumped in first.

“Look I know I’m leaving for the next 5 months and we’re gonna miss each other but that fact is that I already missed you when I was only 50 feet away from you. So I gotta ask you something right now and I know that this is not exactly special or romantic since I’m leaving but, Y/N will you be my girlfriend?” I was talking so fast that I was almost out of breath by the end, but when I saw Y/N smile, that truly made me speechless.

“Wow, so that means I get to date a famous person if I say yes?”

A smile grew on my face as I nodded back to her, hoping for the right answer.

“Alright then. Yeah.”

I grabbed her face and kissed her gently before I realized that I had to get back to the guys.

“See you in 5 months?” I asked.

She replied back, “See you in 5 months.”

I picked her up in a hug before setting her down and walking away from her once again.

I’m hoping these 5 months, or 152 days, will fly by.