Chapter 6

She pulled him closer as he continued kissing her, his hands running up and down her back, one moving to the back of her neck, holding her to him as the kiss became more urgent. She gasped as his other hand gripped her ass, he took advantage, slipping his tongue into her mouth to dance with hers.

She was lost in it, in him, never wanting him to stop, wanting his body on hers, wanting him to touch her again. Suddenly, she felt herself being pulled away from him. Max standing there, pushing her behind his back.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Max demanded, looking at Ronnie.

"I was dancing with Ally until you interrupted." Ronnie reached for Ally again, but Max wouldn't let him.

"You need to stay away from her." Max got into Ronnie's face, slightly pushing him with his chest. Ally snapped out of her daze and stepped around Max.

"Stop it!" She yelled at Max. She pushed her way in between them, her back pressed against Ronnie's chest. "He wasn't doing anything I didn't want him to." She could feel Ronnie's hands resting on her hips, and she took a deep breath.

"Do you even know what you're doing? Do remember how he's treated you the last couple years, or how about how's he's treated your son?" She looked at Max, knowing he was right, knowing she shouldn't have let him kiss her and touch her the way he was. She couldn't help herself, she never could where he was concerned.

"You're right, Max, but I can take care of myself." With that she walked away, making her way outside and started walking back to Russell's house. She brought her hand up to her face, her fingers touching her lips, as she sighed, wishing he was still kissing her.

She heard a car pull up next to her and looked to see who it was. The window rolled down and she saw Ronnie slightly smiling at her. "Come on, get it in." She hesitated for a moment, looked around, and finally got into the car.

He sped away once she was inside the car, but not heading to the house. "Where are we going?" He didn't answer her right away, didn't even look at her. She didn't try to talk to him again. They drove in complete silence for what felt like hours, until he turned down a street she recognized. She looked at him as he pulled into the abandoned park and shut off the car. He turned to her, his hand cupping her face, as he leaned down and gently kissed her.

She pulled back and looked at him. "Ronnie, what are we doing?" This morning he couldn't stand her and now he was kissing her.

"Enjoying each other." He smirked as she looked away. "Look, I haven't wanted anything to do with you or Joey, but seeing you at my dad's and then dancing with Robert, it set me off. I didn't realize how much I missed you, until now." She looked back at him.

"What did I do to make you hate me so much?" She asked him quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. He turned her face to his.

"I never hated you. When I went to prison, I knew you were going to wait for me, I wanted you too. I couldn't imagine you with anyone else, letting someone else touch you. The thought drove me crazy. Brittney came to see me, told me you were hanging out with Max, that there were rumors that you were fucking him. She said you admitted it to her and that you didn't know whose baby it was. I believed her, it never made sense that you were with me in the first place, let alone why you would wait for me."

"I never slept with him, Ronnie. I didn't want anyone but you, ever. I wouldn't tell you Joey was yours if he wasn't." She turned away from him and got out of the car. She looked around at the park, it used to be the place she loved most. Her and Ronnie's meeting place when things were still brand new, somewhere they could be alone without fans running around. She heard him get out and walk towards her, standing behind her, his hands gripping her shoulders.

"I know that now, Al. Especially after seeing him, seeing how much he looks like me. I was so messed up from being away from you and being in that place. I thought you'd forget me anyway, find someone else, someone who deserved you." She turned around and saw the truth in his eyes, she wrapped her arms around his waist, buring her head in his chest. She didn't realize till that moment how much she had missed him.

"I wouldn't have left you, there's never been anyone that compares to you, ever." She said into his chest.

He smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, just standing there holding her as long as she would let him. "Ally." She looked at him and smiled. "What do you say to giving me another chance and a chance with our son?" She stepped back out of his embrace and looked around.

"I think we should try being friends again first. I think you should build a relationship with Joey and be there for him. Then we'll see where we're at." Even though it killed her to turn him down, she had to be adult about this. She couldn't jump into something again with him until she was sure this was what he really wanted. He'd never had a child before, didn't know what it was like. He might not want them after he saw that. She couldn't bear it if she was with him again and he decided he didn't want them, again.

"Whatever it takes, Ally, I'll do." She smiled as he pulled her close and kissed her again. She just hoped that he knew what he was getting into.