Chapter 9

Ronnie said goodnight to his dad and made his way upstairs. He walked into his room, neither her or Joey were in there. He turned and walked to the other room. Joey was on the bed, sound asleep and Ally was sleeping on the floor next to the bed. Shaking his head, he picked her up, being sure not to wake her, and carried her into his room. He sat on the bed, just holding her, loving how she tried to get closer to him, how she seemed to need him at least in her sleep.

He kissed her forehead as her eyes fluttered open, a small smile on her face. "Ronnie." She whispered as she tried to get up. He wouldn't let her, he wanted to be close to her because he was afraid that once they got home, she wouldn't let him be very often. "I'm sorry." He pulled back and looked at her.

"For what?" He moved the hair from her face, gently stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"For getting upset. I'm just so use to doing everything on my own, I hate when people think I need help." She didn't know how guilty her words made him feel. He knew she didn't intend for that but he couldn't help it.

"I understand, Ally. I know it was never about the money with you, I know that. But he is my son and you should let me help you."

"I'll try." She moved her hand to the back of his head and pulled him close to her, meeting his lips with hers. She closed her eyes, melting into him. It was just a sweet kiss but it still stirred something inside her.

"Stay with me tonight." She nodded as he laid her on the bed, pulling her close. She kissed his neck as she laid with him. Both content with just being wrapped around each other, holding each other. It wasn't long before they were both asleep, dreaming of each other.

*********************

She left him asleep the next morning when she saw the message from Max, telling her he was outside and needed to talk to her. She knew she would get an ear full from him, warning her about Ronnie. She wasn't looking forward to it, but needed to get it over with.

She walked out the front door and smiled when she saw him. He didn't return the smile, just motioned for her to get in the car. She opened the door and sat down, waiting for him to start. He noticed the mark on her neck and ran his fingers down it, frowning.

"Ally. What are you doing with him? Don't you remember everything he's done?" He turned and looked at her, removing his sunglasses and throwing them on the dashboard.

"Yes, I remember. I've never stopped missing him, Max. Joey deserves to have his dad." She flinched as Max slammed his hand on the steering wheel.

"You know he'll leave once he gets bored, right. Once he's on tour and meets some other girl, he'll be gone. Won't even think twice about it." She shook her head and bit her lip.

"No he won't, Max. We want to work on us." Max looked at her and laughed, she turned her head, feeling tears in her eyes and not wanting him to see them.

"You really think he wants to be with you? Did he tell you about the girl he has waiting for him at home?" Her eyes snapped to his, her heart breaking a little.

"No, but we also didnt know this would happen. He wants to be with Joey and I, Max." She reached for the door and opened it, looking at the house, she saw Ronnie standing on the porch, watching. "Until he says differently, I'm going to try." She got out, Max following her.

"When he leaves you and breaks your heart again, don't come to me this time. I wont be there to fix it, I can't see you like that again." He looked at Ronnie as he said that, knowing it was a matter of time before Ronnie moved on. That was his game these days, from one girl to another.

Ally turned and watched as he got into the car and sped away. She felt Ronnie wrap his arms around her waist and kiss the back of her head. She pushed his arms off of her and turned around.

Her looked confused and tried to reach for her again, but she took a step back. "Baby, what's going on?"

"Why didn't you tell me you have a girlfriend? I wouldn't have slept with you if I had known." She wrapped her arms around her waist, waiting for his answer.

He ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't know this would happen, Ally. I didn't know you would be here. I called her the other night and told her I couldn't see her anymore. She wasn't important, she had nothing to do with us. I didn't know we would make love that night, that's what we did, baby." He gripped her hips, not letting her move away from him this time. "I love you, Ally. I want you, no one else."

She looked at him and smiled. "I love you, too." This time she didn't pull away as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him.

They walked back into the house and packed their stuff. They had breakfast with Russell before deciding it was time to head back. They said their goodbyes and walked to the cars, Ronnie putting their stuff in the trunk of her car. "I'll follow you to your place." She nodded and kissed him again before they made the drive home.

********************

They pulled up to her little house and got out, she stretched her arms before getting Joey out of his car seat. Ronnie hopped out and grabbed their bags, following her into the house. Joey woke up and went to play with his toys while Ally and Ronnie sat cuddling on the couch.

"I know it's not much," she started when she saw him looking around. "But it's all we need. I'm sure its not grand like yours." He did always like the finer things, bigger things.

"It's nice." He looked at her and smiled. "You and Joey should really come stay with me though. I don't want to be away from either of you." He kissed her nose before he stood up.

"I don't think that's a good idea. At least not now. I don't want to rush it, Ronnie. Who knows what's going to happen when you go back to your normal life." He frowned at her.

"What are you talking about?" He stood in front of her, his face turning red.

"You really think you're going to want us when you go back on tour? When you're friends are out partying every night and you're with your son? Or what about when you do go with them and one girl after another is throwing themselves at you, like they always do, and you're bored with me?" She got up and walked to the kitchen, him following on her heels.

"It's funny you didn't say any of this until you saw Max. He put this in your head, Ally. I don't want anyone but you, you have to give me a chance to prove it, please!" She looked at him still unsure, but kissed his lips.

"Alright, but if there ever comes a time when you don't want me, you have to tell me. It can't be like last time, Ronnie. I can't handle that again." He wiped a loan tear off her cheek and kissed her forehead.

"That won't happen, baby, I promise." He held her tight as she nodded, but she wasn't really sure if she believed him or not.