well this is it now

The air was crisp, but held a glimmer of warmth. Not an encompassing heat, but more like a reminder of spring.

Lee sat at her tree alone. She wasn't smoking, like she usually would be. She just sat and thought about the last few hours. A lot had happened.

First, Lee and Percy had gotten into another fight.

He was upset that she demanded his time.

"I can't always spend time with you Lee," he had exclaimed. "I wish more than anything that I could, but it's not possible. I must focus on my duties and schoolwork, too."

This had then stirred up feelings within Lee.

"I'm so sorry for wanting to be around you," she said sarcastically. "I'll just relieve you of the burden that is my attention."

"Lee you're not a burden," Percy said exasperated. "Not all of us can push off our work like you do!"

"Not all of us have a stick up our arse like you do!" She retorted.

"Don't be so childish Lee," he hid the hurt from his voice. "You've got to grow up."

"And maybe you don't have to grow up so fast, Percy!" Lee was getting even more frustrated.

"I'm preparing for my future," Percy crossed his arms. "I don't want to be old and wish I had done better in school."

"Percy, you're the best in our class! Do you really think that your not going to have a wonderful life if you don't study?"

"Things happen, I want to be prepared."

"This is why we'll never work Percy."

"What do you mean?" Percy suddenly go a strange look on his face. Like he was scared and hurt.

"Oh don't tell me you think we're going to grow old and be together forever," Lee rolled her eyes. "We're too different. You want so much, I just hold you back."

These were real concerns that had been swirling around in Lee's head. She was beginning to doubt their relationship. Especially after her drunken incident. Maybe they weren't as okay as they had thought.

"I'm a bad kid Percy," Lee said. "You're a good person, we're just not meant to be together."

"Lee calm down," Percy responded, "we may be different, but that doesn't mean we can't be together."

"I'll just slow you down," Lee had made up her mind. She had to do this. "Percy, find a nice girl and be happy, I'm sorry I'm not that person. It'll be better this way."

Lee turned away and refused to look back.

If she did she wouldn't be able to go through with her descision.

She walked away, crying.

Lee didn't quite understand why she was crying.

You're not supposed to cry when you're the one who did the breaking up.

But there Lee was, crying.

She ignored the desperate cries of Percy, going as quickly as she could to the Hufflepuff dorm. Lee ignored the concerned looks of her housemates and went straight to her bed.

Lee had just made a very big descision.

It hurt her and Percy, but she believed it was for the better. She could only hold Percy back. He was destined for greatness, Lee could feel it.

She was just a bump in the road.

That didn't stop her from caring about him.

She liked being around Percy. She liked kissing him. And teasing him. And holding his hand. And making him blush. And wrapping her arms around him as he held her tightly.