24

Mika
For the first time in a long time, Alyssa missed a good morning message. Not only that, she also missed the lily routine I received everyday after practice.

I tried to talk to her last night but Alyssa's refusal leaves no place for an argument.

Her silent treatment kills me and makes me guiltier.

I also tried to call her right after I set foot on my condo but Alyssa did not picks up.

After training, I decided to drop on her condo and Den opens which automatically makes me raise an eyebrow.

She did the same and we have a staring contest by the door ng makarinig kami ng mahinang tawag na tarantang nagpagalaw kay Den.

Patakbo syang bumalik sa loob kaya pinatuloy ko na ang aking sarili not minding the death glares Den is giving me when I followed her.

My heart again broke to pieces seeing Alyssa. Wasted is an understatement to describe her state and I am the soul to blame.

Malayo sa Alyssa na nakasanayang makita ng lahat na positive, ang Alyssa na kaharap nya ngayon ay wasak. Lukot at out of place na damit na nagmukha ng basahan dahil sa mga mantsa ng hindi na nya matukoy kung ano. Hindi nasuklay na buhok. She wonder if she had managed a bath since last night.

Her condo is also a mess. Alcohol of different variety is present in the air which makes me wrinkled my nose upon inhaling it. Empty bottles were scattered on the floor of her living room and my eyes widen with the realisation of Alyssa's current state.

By the judgement on the scattered empty bottles and her situation, she must have been drinking since last night and the whole day up to now. She is even holding a half emptied bottle in her left hand.

I glared at Den. How could she let her drink herself to death?!

She must've read my mind because she glared back at me.

"She's been drinking herself to death." I voiced out and her stare became sharper.

"Ask yourself why." malamig nyang sagot. Hindi nako nakipagtalo dahil talaga namang kasalanan ko ang lahat. I know i am not obliged to tell Alyssa everything because I am not her girlfriend but the fact that I lied to her troubles me a lot. I could say that we are exclusively dating and the fact that I've accepted her courting me and with that, I'm at fault.

Also, I could just easily told her that I will be there to watch the vocalist because she is not in any position to stop me. Kaya lang dahil sa pakiramdam na malas sya ay naging makasarili ako dahil natakot akong mag-insist syang sumama since dun din sya nag-aaya.

At the end of the argument, I will still be the one to blame because however you look at it, I lied. And she never did anything harsh kahit pa sobrang nasasaktan na sya. Ilang ulit na ba? Ilang ulit ko ng sinasaktan ang dalaga at kahit minsan ay hindi ito nagreklamo. Hindi ito nanumbat. Hindi ito nanghingi ng eksplanasyon sa kahit anong bagay na nagagawa ko sa kanya.

"Sorry."is all I managed to say after a deafening silence from the both of us subalit hindi sya sumagot. Naglakad sya papunta sa kusina at ng bumalik ay may dala na itong planggana na may lamang tubig at face towel sa kanyang balikat.

She sits in front of Alyssa and starts wiping her face with wet face towel from face to her arms. Napalunok sya ng simulan itong hubaran ng damit ni Den.

Like seriously?!

Anger starts to consume me though a reasonable part of my mind is telling the idiot side that Den is Alyssa's bestfriend and she is just taking good care of her. One thing that I cannot do.